Sharecare is the leading digital health company that helps people -- no matter where they are in their health journey -- unify and manage all their health in one place. Our comprehensive and data-driven virtual health platform is designed to help people, providers, employers, health plans, government organizations, and communities to optimize individual and population-wide well-being by driving positive behavior change. Driven by the philosophy that we are all better together, at Sharecare, we are committed to supporting each individual through the lens of their personal health, and making high-quality care more accessible and affordable for everyone. To learn more, visit www.sharecare.com.
This position is responsible for processing all release of information requests in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring accuracy, and providing customers with the highest quality product and customer service. Associate must at all times safeguard and protect the patient's right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient's medical information, and that all releases of information are in compliance with company policies regarding requests and authorizations, as well as HIPAA regulations.
- Completes release of information requests including retrieving patient's medical chart and returning chart; scanning medical record accurately and correctly; and transmitting daily, according to requests, established procedures, and established standards of quality and productivity.
- Date stamps all requests and highlights pertinent data to facilitate processing.
- Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical information according to established procedures.
- Performs quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
- Maintain equipment in excellent operating condition (inside and out).
- Provides excellent customer service by being attentive and respectful; insures understanding of customer requests and follows through as promised; is proactive in identifying client concerns, or problems.
- May receive incoming requests including opening mail, telephone inquiries, and retrieving facsimile inquiries, depending on the needs to the client.
- Maintains a neat, clean, and professional personal appearance and observes the dress code established.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area, insures that records and files are properly stored before leaving area.
- Maintains working knowledge of the existing state laws and fee structure
- Works within scope of position and direction, willingly accepts assignments, and is available to take on additional facilities or help out during backlogs
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with client-site policies and procedures, including HIPAA, state and federal regulations related to operations, as well as labor regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality, security and standards of ethics with all information.
- Work with privileged information in a conscientious manner while releasing medical records in an efficient, effective, and accurate manner.
- High School Diploma (GED) required
- 1 year prior experience in a medical records department or like setting
- Must have strong computer software experience -- general working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Excellent organizational skills a must
- Must be able to type 50 wpm
- Must be able to use fax, copier, scanning machine
- Must be willing to learn new equipment and processes quickly
- Must be self-motivated, a team player
- Must have proven customer satisfaction skills
- Must be able to multi-task
Mayo Clinic’s Health Information Management Services (HIMS) has several job openings we wanted to bring to your attention. See our job postings here. A listing of HIMS postings can be found by typing in “HIMS” in the search screen.
Mayo Clinic HIMS is committed to hiring a workforce of HIM credentialed staff. Students in their final semester are qualified to apply for our entry-level HIMS Specialist positions. Additionally, most of these positions are telework, allowing individuals to work from any location in the United States.
Current job vacancies are within our Document Imaging and Release of Information teams. A description of the work these teams perform is as follows:
Document Imaging. Performs prepping, scanning, indexing, verification of documents using the Hyland OnBase imaging system and document imaging workflows. Meets productivity and accuracy standards. Follows Mayo Clinic Scanning business rules to ensure documents are processed accurately. Utilizes independent analytical and critical thinking skills. Leverages technology to communicate and collaborate professionally. Understands that errors impact patient safety. Will never compromise record integrity. Maintains confidentiality by keeping all information seen and heard in the strictest confidence. Typically, works remotely accessing work related projects and tasks via VPN access.
Release of Information. Knowledgeable of an electronic health record, preferably Epic, and understands medical terminology. Primary responsibilities include: comprehensive processing of continuation of care and patient-directed requests for medical information; assisting customer walk-ins for onsite staff; opening and processing incoming mail; verifying authorizations; requesting historical medical records; and preparing correspondence in response to a request for medical information. Assists with training new or contract staff and students in a qualitative and effective manner. Maintains confidentiality by keeping all information seen and heard in the strictest confidence. Typically, works remotely accessing work related projects and tasks via VPN access.
Accurate, detail oriented and organized
Strong analytical aptitude and problem solving abilities
Excellent verbal and written communication
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Bookkeeping or medical experience a plus but not required
Type 45 wpm minimum
Office experience is required
Full time 8:30 to 5 Monday through Friday
We offer PTO, paid holidays, medical insurance, 401(k)
Send resumes to Ginger Langan, CPC, Email: email@example.com
For Questions, call:
Direct Phone/Fax: 805-465-7948
General Line: 805-964-3838 x102