Frequently Asked Questions
The error code message might mean:
1) While entering the credit card number, dashes or spaces were entered. Make sure you enter just the number of the credit card.
2) Make sure you enter the correct expiration date and the correct CVV number.
3) Make sure the credit card holder's name is changed according to the credit card.
4) You might have a limit on your card. If the amount is too high, you need to call your bank.
5) Our website only takes Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
6) Your credit card company is blocking the transaction. If it is the first time you use a credit card on our website you might need to contact the credit card company and let them know that the transaction is legitimate.
7) If you are using a foreign address at the billing information section, it might block the transaction. If possible, use your local address in the United States.
1) Use a different browser
2) Use a different device
3) Use a different card
If you forgot your username or password, please click on "Find my username/password" at the Pipeline link pipeline.sbcc.edu/cp/home/displaylogin. It will ask you to fill in the following information: Last name, first name, birthday, last 4 digits of your SSN. If you have a secret question set up, you will be required to answer the secret question. If you do not have a secret question set up, it will prompt you to set one up. Once you have completed these steps, you will be given username and password. Please note the username and password are both case sensitive.
You should still be able to access your Pipeline account. If your account is disabled, you can click on “Re-enable account” at the Pipeline link pipeline.sbcc.edu/cp/home/displaylogin. If you are unable to access your account, please contact Student Tech Support and request to have your Pipeline account enabled or call Student Tech Support phone #: 805-897-3549.
- Log on to your Pipeline, on the home page, click "Student" click "My Class Schedule and Bill", select a term “ XXXX 201X”, click "Submit".The account balance will have a negative amount if you have a credit balance. A positive amount means there is a balance due.
- The term charges amount is located on your schedule and bill. Log on to your Pipeline account, on the home page, click "Student" click "My Class Schedule and Bill". Select the term "XXXX 20XX", click "Submit". You will see the total amount due, the amount you need is under "Term Charges".
- Payment of fees may be made online through your Pipeline account by credit card (Visa, MasterCard). Log on to your Pipeline account, on the home page, click "Pay My Bill". Select the term,”XXXX20XX” click "Submit". You will see the amount due. Click the “Click to Pay by Credit Card" button. Select the term again, click "Submit" then follow the instructions. Once you complete the payment process, a receipt will be sent to your Pipeline email.
- Please log on to your Pipeline account, on the home page, click "Student" click "Personal Information" then Click "My E-mail Address" or “My Address and Phone”. You should be able to update your personal information in this section.
- We are assured by our Student Technology department that the SBCC website is a secure site. This message is from their department:
We know the https:// and padlock is not visible, but we are definitely using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer, which encrypts the traffic and which is signified by https://), and your transaction is encrypted and secure. The reason that the https:// prefix and the padlock is not visible is because Pipeline is wrapping an HTML frame around these web pages, and the browser only shows the characteristics of this outer frame. We are working as quickly as possible on a way to do this so that the padlock will be visible in the near future.
If you still have questions please contact our Tech Support at 805-897-3549.
- To pay registration fees online go to pipeline.sbcc.edu, then log on your Pipeline account. On the home page, select "Student", then select "Pay My Bill". You can pay by credit card (Visa or Mastercard). Select the method of payment, then select the term in which you are paying. Follow the payment instructions. "DO NOT back space when you are processing payment".
- As the student, you are responsible for dropping classes by the stated deadlines. If you register in a class and later change your mind, it is your responsibility to drop the class. Review your schedule/Bill for course deadlines. Log on to pipeline.sbcc.edu. Log on your Pipeline account. On the home page, select "Student", select "Registration", then select "Register, Add or Drop Class". Follow the instructions on the Add/Drop Classes page for dropping a class.
You are encouraged to pay your fees at time of registration. Payment must be received within seven (7) days of registration or you may be dropped for non-payment.
Students will not be dropped for non-payment after instruction has begun. As the student, you are responsible for dropping classes by the stated deadlines. If you register in a class and later change your mind, it is your responsibility to drop the classes.
Once you have been awarded and accepted Financial Aid for the semester, you may have what is called memo/authorized aid
from Financial Aid. Memo aid is essentially an estimated amount of what you could get during the semester. Memo/authorized aid helps students to not get dropped for non-payment while their financial aid is processing. Memo/authorized aid c an disappear at any point for ineligibility on documents, income, etc. Our recommendation to you is to pay for your classes to avoid the risk of getting dropped for non-payment in the future. Once your financial aid is completed and goes into effect, you will receive your financial aid in full.
If you decide to wait for your Financial Aid to pay your balance so you can pay the remainder, please make sure you check your Pipeline email every other day to verify you don't get any notices from Financial Aid or our automatic drop for non-payment system. If you receive a notice stating that you will be dropped for non-payment, you will need to pay for your classes in full to secure your spot. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding memo/authorized aid.
Checks should be made payable to SBCC. Write your Student ID number on the face of your check. DO NOT MAIL CASH! There will be a $30 service charge on all returned checks. Mail your check to:Santa Barbara City College
ATTN: Cashier's Office
721 Cliff Drive
Santa Barbara CA 93109
- No, the cashiers are only able to answer general questions over the telephone.
- Please see www.sbcc.edu/thirdparty for instructions on how to use an outside agency.
- Holds may be placed on your account for a variety of reasons. Please click here to find more information about the hold on your account.