Canvas Student Tutorials
Before starting the course material, we highly recommend that you access our tutorials on Canvas. Even if you have already used this version of Canvas, you may learn something from reviewing this material. Canvas tutorials for students are accessible from the “Help” icon/link located in the lower left-hand side of your Canvas account. Choose the "Search the Canvas Guides" to look for specific help.
Feel free to access these tutorials at any time during the semester if you have a question about how to use a particular Canvas tool.
Review the Canvas student guide - How to reply to a discussion
How to record a video for a discussion post.
Review the Canvas student guide - How to upload your assignment file
Review the Canvas student guide - How to take a quiz
How to use the LIST VIEW to manage your courses.
- Add your photo to your Canvas profile is accessible by clicking on the Account icon in the upper LEFT side of the Canvas course
screen. To change settings described below, click on “Profile Link” on the and then
select the "Edit Profile" on right side of the window. - Canvas Student Guide - Edit your profile
- The ability to change your default time zone: If you are not in the Pacific time zone and wish to see due dates and times listed
in your local time zone, change the time zone in your Canvas profile settings. Canvas Student Guide - How to set your time zone
- The ability to turn off notifications and where they are sent to for a variety of tools including Discussions, Assignments,
etc., can be accessed via the Notification link after selecting the Account icon.
Canvas Student Guide - Setting Notification Preferences
- To view your feedback on an assignment, click on the assignment in the grade book, and choose "view feedback" How do I view assignment feedback comments from my instructor?
- There are many features you can use in the grade book, like sorting. You can use the "What If" feature to enter possible scores in any ungraded assignment. There is also a short video you can watch.
- How to add Personal Pronouns (Links to an external site.) to your user profile.