HIT/CIM Academic Planning
HOW TO GET INTO THE CLASSES
THAT YOU WANT TO TAKE
Due to the high numbers of students who are trying to take our HIT/CIM programs, our classes fill very fast during registration. It is important to understand and follow our priority registration procedures in order to have the best selection of courses:
- Look up your registration appointment date and whether you have any holds on your
registration in advance. On Pipeline, go to Registration and Student Records, then to Registration, then Check Your Pre-Registration Requirements and Registration Appointment. Summer and Fall registration appointment dates are posted in early April and Spring
registration appointment dates are posted in late October.
- If you are a new student to college and are pursuing an Associate degree or Certificate,
you will have Orientation and Class Planning holds on your account. Complete Online Orientation. For the Class Planning hold, please email Gwyer Schuyler, academic counselor, at email@example.com with your Student ID number and major to request a first semester plan. Gwyer will
get back to you with a plan, which will clear the Class Planning hold in the system.
- If you have attended college before, you will need to complete Online Orientation. For help with your first semester plan, email Gwyer Schuyler, academic counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Student ID number and major and Gwyer will get back to you with a plan.
- Register at the time of your appointment for the most course selection. For new students,
the foundation courses that you should enroll in asap are COMP 101 Computer Applications,
HIT 135 Medical Terminology, and BMS 146 Human Form and Function.
- The more units that you accumulate through SBCC, the earlier your registration date.
- If you have a diagnosed disability, you should contact our DSPS office. One possible accommodation for a disability is to receive a priority registration
date of the first day.
- Veterans and members of the EOPS program receive early priority registration dates.
For more information, go to the Veterans Support website and the EOPS website.
HOW TO REQUEST A
STUDENT EDUCATIONAL PLAN (SEP)
1. Full name
2. Student ID number (K00....)
4. How many units you are comfortable taking each Fall and Spring semester and whether you want to take Summer courses.
5. Use the subject line, "SEP REQUEST"
Gwyer will then email you back with a recommended Student Educational Plan (SEP).