Welcome to the Academic Counseling Center!
Please identify yourself and click through for more information:
New Students & Parents
SBCC Returning Students
We're Here To Help!
The academic counselors and support staff of the Academic Counseling Center are here to:
- Assist students in planning and implementing immediate and long range academic and career goals.
- Develop individualized Student Educational Plans (SEP).
- Provide students with information regarding academic planning, institutional and transfer & SBCC requirements.
- Counsel students on success strategies.
- Provide referrals for major selection, personal counseling career counseling. Conduct advising services for new students.
- Conduct classroom presentations & workshops.
- Teach Personal Development/College Success courses.
- Evaluate U.S. college transcripts.
- Collaborate with Career Center and Transfer Center and other student services to support student success.