Announcement: The health and safety of our students, staff, and campus community is our top priority. While on-campus services and operations are currently suspended, our staff is available to support you via Zoom, phone, and email. We look forward to assisting you remotely.
College for Working Adults
We meet you where you are with your educational goals.
Designed for post-traditional students who move between part and full-time enrollment, the College for Working Adults program offers multiple degree programs on a flexible schedule. College for Working Adults offers evening, hybrid, and fully online courses* to help our students make timely progress towards graduation and transfer. Our students are connected to dedicated advisors, tutors, and faculty who understand the needs and challenges of first-generation, post-traditional, and working adult students.
College for Working Adults students are:
- Students who move between part-time (less than 12 units) and full-time enrollment (more than 12 units) status.
- Post-traditional students: Parenting students, students returning to college after some time away, or those who are working adults attending college part-time.
Program Benefits and Support:
- FREE textbooks via a lending library
- FREE school supplies each semester
- Access to advising and support services evenings and weekends (by appointment)
- Access to space in the courses you need
- Academic and social support from our PEGS tutors
- Work and take classes at a pace, and time, that meets your schedule
- Schedule flexibility: we do not require full-time enrollment to access our services and resources
You can earn as many as three Associates Degrees**, while concurrently completing transfer requirements, on a part-time schedule from the following areas:
- Associates Degree (AA) Chicana/o Studies
- Associates Degree (AA): Psychology
- Dual Associates Degrees in Chicana/o Studies and Psychology (Spanish optional)
- IGETC for AAs (transfer requirements only)
*Due to COVID-19 on-campus closure, courses are offered exclusively online until further notice. Program offerings are subject to course and instructor availability each semester. ** Students are not required to be in these majors to participate in the program. This program is open to all majors.