Steps to Apply
International students have specialized application instructions.
Before you apply, make sure you meet this admission criteria:
- All applicants must have a 2.00 GPA.
- All applicants must be 17 years old or older.
- English Proficiency Requirement for admission to the Academic Program. We don't require TOEFL/IELTS, but if you have already taken any of these exams you may be eligible for exemption from ESL courses at SBCC.
- Transfer students from U.S. language schools must have 80% attendance or higher at the language school.
Click on "Apply Now" below to begin your application registration.
Remember your password! You cannot reset it.
Submit one application for the first term you wish to attend.
Use a valid email address. Registration instructions and admission decisions are emailed.
Submit Required Documents
Upload copies of the required documents listed in your online application account. This will include, but not limited to the following documents:
- No application fee required at this time. The $0 application fee receipt will need to be uploaded to your application checklist.
- meet minimum amount required: Cost of Studies
- must be written in or translated into English
- issued within the past 6 months or less of your desired program start date
- include the name of the account holder and account balance
- liquid funds (savings and/or checking account)
- have an official bank signature or stamp on financial institution letterhead
Provide a copy of your passport
- Transcripts for all coursework completed in high school (secondary school), English language programs, and university or college. Transcripts should be translated into English by an official translator and/or translating agency.
- Unofficial transcripts are sufficient for admission purposes.
- Official transcripts are required for athletic eligibility, and may be submitted at a later date.
- If you are under 18 years old at the time of your program start date, you will need to submit a high school diploma.
- A high school diploma is not required for students who are 18 years old or older.
Current F-1 Students in the U.S.
If you are transferring to SBCC from another school in the U.S. complete the steps above, and upload the following additional documents to your online application:
- Copy of F-1 visa
- I-94 Arrival/Departure Form - At the link, click on "Get most recent I-94".
- Copy of I-20
- Verification of Status Form - Students must be "in status". The advisor at your current institution will need to verify and sign this form.
After you apply
- An admissions decision will be sent via email within 10 business days. Only the student's email address will be accepted on the online application. Students must use an active and current email address.
- Accepted students will be mailed an I-20 form and acceptance packet via regular airmail, which can take up to two weeks to arrive. The I-20 can be rush delivered via UEMS for an additional cost. (Note: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, I-20 forms are being emailed. Do not order mail shipping.)
- The I-20 form is the immigration document you will need to apply for an F-1 (student) visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your home country.
If you have admission questions or need a correction to your online application, email firstname.lastname@example.org