New York Times for SBCC
The Luria Library provides a campus-wide subscription (students, faculty, staff) for the full online version of the New York Times. Please read below for instructions on how to access to New York Times through the library subscription.
For first-time access, you must activate your access following the steps below:
- Go to accessnyt.com
- Find and select "Santa Barbara City College" in the "Find School" drop down menu.
- Follow the activation instructions for whether you are on- or off-campus.
- Once you've completed the steps for on- or off-campus activation, you will create your account using your SBCC Pipeline email address, and a password of your choosing.
- You will be required to indicate whether you are a student or a faculty/staff member. For students, you will be required to enter your expected graduation/transfer date, and an alternate email address.
- Select "Get Started"
- Note: If you have previously registered your email address on The New York Times site, you will click the "Already have an account?" "Log in here" link (below the "Create Account" button). Existing paid New York Times subscribers must cancel their paid subscription before authenticating via the school funded program.
For ongoing access, once you have activated your account:
Simply go to nytimes.com and log in via the "Log In" button, using your SBCC Pipeline email address and your chosen password. You may wish to bookmark the link for future use.