Skip to content
Journals and Websites
Teaching journals available through the Luria Library
Teaching journals available online
- Education and Culture, Founded by the John Dewey Society and the Philosophy of Education Society, is a
journal publishing articles in the philosophy of education and theoretical work in
other educational disciplines.
- Education Review is an electronic journal with book reviews pertaining to education (English/Spanish
reviews). You can review books.
- Great Ideas in Education, offers resources like Encounter Magazine. (A child's photo on the homepage
may give the impression of an early childhood ed site, but resources of relevance
are provided for the college level if you dig in.)
- Inside Higher Ed, What's happening in Higher Ed. Recommended by Jody Millward.
- PEN, Public Education Network, offers NewsBlast Newsletter, is dedicated to providing each student an excellent
education in public education. It aims to advance school reform in low-income communities
across the country.
- TCRecord: "The Voice of Scholarship in Education", Teacher's College in New York offers an
excellent online journal with a vast web archive to explore. You can select from a
list of options what your particular interests are, and they will send you weekly
updates about articles in that area.
Websites related to teaching
- Carnegie Perspectives, a different way to think about teaching and learning, by The Carnegie Foundation
for the Advancement of Teaching.
- Stanford's Center for Teaching and Learning: "In its broadest terms, our purpose is to promote excellence in teaching at all
ranks and excellence in student learning inside and outside the classroom. Our goal
is to see teaching equally valued with research as a professional commitment of faculty
and teaching assistants and to provide the training and resources to make excellent
teaching possible." Tomorrow's Professor Mailing List, Desk-top Faculty Development, One Hundred Times a Year. You can sign
up to receive email.
- Kathy Nunley's Layered Curriculum Site; newsletter available. Of interest are the summaries of research studies.
- An archive of excellent success strategies & information about "On Course" Workshops is offered by Skip Downing. Anyone is welcome to join the ON COURSE NEWSLETTER:
To subscribe, send in a blank message. You may subscribe groups; please see the information link above for how to do so.