Committee on Faculty Resources
This Academic Senate committee is dedicated to creating a dialogue about teaching and learning at SBCC. The committee meets 2nd/4th Mondays, 3:00 p.m. in the Faculty Library Study Room.
Functions and Responsibilities of CFR
- Identifies and facilitates the incorporation of strategies that enhance student success in the classroom and through campus learning support services (Library and LRC).
- Works closely with instructional faculty and Student Services to integrate student success initiatives campus-wide.
- Serves as liaison between faculty and Library staff on policies affecting utilization of the library, its resources and other faculty matters.
- Serves as liaison between faculty and LSS staff on policies affecting utilization of the LSS, its resources and other faculty matters.
- Provides oversight and general direction on tutorial allocations, and policies for operation of the LSS (Library/LRC).
Here is a series of links to resources this committee or the Faculty Resource Center believes will be of use to faculty:
- 2018-19 Members and Minutes
- Campus Initiatives for Learning
- Faculty Ambassadors
- Faculty Inquiry Groups
- Faculty Projects Showcase
- Faculty Dialog Seminars (2016 archive)
- Lasting Lectures (2017 archive)
- Journals & Websites
- Student Resources
- Teaching Design & Practice
- Universal Design
- Faculty Manual/Handbook