Options to Demonstrate Competency in Intermediate Algebra
SBCC General Education Area E-1, Mathematics Requirement
The following options can be used to meet SBCC General Education Area E-1, Mathematics Requirement:
- Completion of MATH 107 or higher at SBCC, or a substitution from another regionally
accredited institution. A grade of C/2.0 or better, Pass, or Credit (where Pass and
Credit are a C/2.0 or above) is required.
- A placement without a required or recommended co-requisite into a math course higher than MATH 107 AND catalog rights for 2018-19 or prior.
- AP Score of 3 or higher on the AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, or AP Statistics exams.
- Pass MATH 87 AND pass the optional final exam.
- Completion of intermediate algebra in high school with a grade of C- or better, as determined by the Transcript Evaluation Office in consultation with the Math Department. More Information
Contact an academic counselor to determine how these options can be used to meet your academic goals.