Options to Demonstrate Competency in Intermediate Algebra
SBCC General Education Area E-1, Mathematics Requirement
The following options can be used to meet SBCC General Education Area E-1, Mathematics Requirement:
- Completion of MATH 107 or higher at SBCC, or a substitution from another regionally
accredited institution. A grade of C/2.0 or better, Pass, or Credit (where Pass and
Credit are a C/2.0 or above) is required.
- A placement without a required or recommended co-requisite into a math course higher than MATH 107 AND catalog rights for 2018-19 or prior.
- AP Score of 3 or higher on the AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, or AP Statistics exams.
- Pass MATH 87 AND pass the optional final exam.
- Completion of intermediate algebra in high school with a grade of C- or better, as determined by the Transcript Evaluation Office in consultation with the Math Department.
Contact an academic counselor to determine how these options can be used to meet your academic goals.