Food Pantry Programs
The SBCC Food Pantry is currently offering weekly drive through and walk up food distributions open to all SBCC students, staff, faculty, and community members. Please see below for more information.
About the Food Pantry
- The mission of the SBCC Food Pantry is to eliminate food insecurity and hunger related stressors by providing students and community members with access to no cost, quality food. We strive to build awareness about food insecurity, healthy nutrition, CalFresh, and other resources in a dignified and helpful environment.
- The Food Pantry works in partnership with the Food Bank of Santa Barbara to improve the nutritional health and food security of our campus community.
- The SBCC Food Pantry is coordinated by the Office of Equity, Diversity and Cultural Competency. For more information please email Roxane Byrne, Interim Coordinator of Equity, Diversity and Cultural Competency firstname.lastname@example.org
Drive-thru Food Distributions
The COVID pandemic has created even more financial strain on many individuals and families. Though the Food Pantry is closed due to the pandemic, we are hosting weekly drive through and walk up Food Distributions on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 2:30 pm in lot 5-1 on West Campus.
Attendees will can walk up or drive through and will receive a pre-packaged bag/box of groceries. Supplies are limited, so come early while supplies last!
Support the Food Pantry Program
- The SBCC Food Pantry is partially funded by a Grant from the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) through California Climate Investments.
- The SBCC Food Pantry is also funded by the CCCCO Hunger Free Campus Initiative, the SBCC Foundation, and through generous donations from campus and community members.
- If you are interested in making a monetary donation to the SBCC pantry please click here: https://www.sbccfoundation.org/give-where-most-needed/. To ensure the gift is directed to the SBCC Food Pantry please select Use my donation where it is needed most from the drop-down menu and type Food Pantry into the "Other Gift Instructions: section. If you have any questions about donating to the SBCC Food Pantry please contact the SBCC Foundation at (805) 730-4401 email@example.com.