Basic Needs Programs
The Basic Needs Center is now loacted in ECC-14 (across from the Well) and houses the Food Pantry, Love's Clothing Closet, and the CalFresh Application Assistance Program.
About the Basic Needs Center
- The Basic Needs Center is Located in ECC-14 (across from The Well) and houses the Food Pantry, Love's Clothing Closet, and the CalFresh Assistance Program.
- For FALL 2021 the BNC hours of operation are:
Tuesdays 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Wednesdays 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thursdays 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- The mission of the SBCC Basic Needs Center is to eliminate food insecurity, hunger related stressors and supoort students with financial hardships by providing students and community members with access to no cost quality food, clothing, toiletries, and other supplies. We strive to build awareness about food insecurity, healthy nutrition, CalFresh, financial aid, and other resources in a dignified and helpful environment.
- The BNC works in partnership with the Food Bank of Santa Barbara and the SB County Food Action Network Higher Education Basic Needs Impact Group to improve the nutritional health and food security of our campus community.
- The SBCC Food Pantry is coordinated by the Office of DEI. For more information, or to schedule a CalFresh appointment please email Alondra Lazaro Gonzalez, Substitute Student Program Advisor firstname.lastname@example.org or Roxane Byrne, Interim Coordinator of Equity, Diversity, and Cultural Competency email@example.com
- Call the BNC at (805) 730-3067
Support the Basic Needs Program
- The SBCC Food Pantry is partially funded by a Grant from the Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) through California Climate Investments.
- The SBCC Food Pantry is also funded by the CCCCO Hunger Free Campus Initiative, the SBCC Foundation, and through generous donations from campus and community members.
- Love's Clothing Closet has recieved generous support from the SBCC Foundation as well as campus and community donors.
- If you are interested in making a monetary donation to the SBCC Basic Needs Program please click here: https://www.sbccfoundation.org/give-where-most-needed/. To ensure the gift is directed to the SBCC Food Pantry please select Use my donation where it is needed most from the drop-down menu and type Basic Needs Center into the "Other Gift Instructions: section. If you have any questions about donating to the SBCC Basic Needs Center please contact the SBCC Foundation at (805) 730-4401 firstname.lastname@example.org.