What is Transitions?
The mission of the Transitions Program is to provide access to higher education toindividuals released from the California criminal justice system, and create a smoothtransition from prison to the community college.
What is the goal of the program?
The goal of our program is to assist individuals on parole to re-integrate into society by pursuing their goal of beginning or continuing college. Through a College Success class and peer mentoring, students explore practical strategies for empowering themselves to become active, responsible and lifelong learners. During the program, students will complete a journey of self-discovery that will help prepare them to make wise choices both in a college setting and in life outside of the college environment.
- Enroll in a College Success course (PD 100) and an EOPS Orientation course (PD 25)
- Attend school from Monday – Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and go on field trips on Fridays
Fall 2020 Workshop
- Google Drive Tips & Tricks: Wed., September 30 @ 6PM-7PM Register HERE
- Time Management & Organization: Wed., October 7 @ 6PM-7PM Register HERE
- Budget Basics: Friday, October 16 @11:30AM-12:30PM Register HERE
- UCSB Virtual Tour: Friday, November 6 @10AM-12PM Register HERE
Transitions will provide the following
- Tutoring and Peer Advising: Monday – Thursday for two hours
- Food vouchers available for one meal per day on campus Monday – Thursday
- A weekly field trip/activity every Friday (e.g. team building that occurs at the UCSBRopes Course, Museum of Tolerance, Dodger games)
- Upon completion of this program, Transitions students are eligible to join EOPS
- Weekly guest speakers
To find out more about Transitions and its application process, please contact:
Noel Gomez, Student Program Advisor
965-0581 ext. 3653