Hello Students and Community. Below are current culinary job postings. Please feel free to contact the person/establishment as they have requested (via email or by phone) if you are interested. Please feel free to share this information as well to others that may apply.
Summerland Winery’s tasting room is located in the quaint seaside town of Summerland, California, the gateway to California’s riviera. We offer guests a serene space to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ocean breeze while exploring Summerland’s award-winning collections of Central Coast wines. Outfitted with tasteful beach-inspired décor, a charming front porch, and a welcoming team of wine experts. We are currently looking for an amazing Tasting Room Ambassador to join our team here in the tasting room. Please review the qualifications below and we hope to hear from you!
Tasting Room Ambassador
Compensation - $17/hour + tips and sales commissions
Job Type: Part-time
- Weekend Availability is a must. This position will need to be available Friday-Sunday.
- Strong personal skills – make customers always feel welcome and have strong communication with your fellow staff members and guests.
- Strong sales skills and ability to support our wine program via bottle sales and promotion and selling of wine club memberships.
- At least 1 year of experience in the hospitality industry.
- Previous wine knowledge is a definite plus, but if not, we can train you. Ultimately this candidate needs to have a strong love for said libation and the beautiful industry wine has grown into.
- Ability to be an engaged and active “team” member. We are a strong team and we’re looking for a great fit.
- Ability to grow and learn aspects of marketing and sales and how it relates to supporting a strong brand and overall providing a better experience for everyone.
- Outgoing with a solid sense of humor, because let’s face it, life is too short not to have a good laugh.
- Ability to lift 50lbs, we move a lot of wine throughout any given year.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time. Our shifts are 8 hours.
- Assist in opening and closing duties of the Tasting Room alongside the managers and lead.
- RBS certified – Bonus if you already have your Responsible Beverage Service certificate. If not, we can work with you to get certified.
- Company Requirement – You must be fully vaccinated. For the wellbeing and safety of our staff and customers, all staff members of Summerland Winery are vaccinated.
- In your response to this job post, let me know what your favorite wine varietal is and a favorite producer. What you love about it and ultimately what intrigues you about working in the world of wine. Also, your favorite breed of dog.