Counseling Appointments

How do I meet with a counselor?

  • New students need to attend Class Planning.

  • Continuing students will be able to schedule an appointment with your Primary Counselor for long term planning via Starfish starting the second week of the semester.

  • Returning students who have completed an application for the semester of enrollment can come to the Academic Counseling Center for assistance.

  • Transfer-in students need to request transcripts before meeting with an academic counselor. Click here.

Please note: You will be assigned an academic counselor based on your major or program affiliation (e.g. EOPS). If you change majors while at SBCC, there is a possibility that your academic counselor will change. 

Advising Guides By Field of Study

First Year Course Recommendations