Transfer Student Appointment
We offer advanced appointments through August 15th, to incoming transfer students who have already applied to SBCC and who have attended other colleges/universities. After August 15th students will need to make an appointment with their assigned counselor in Starfish for long term education planning. Appointments can be scheduled starting the first week of school for September 10th and beyond.
Between August 15 and September 10 please come to the Academic Counseling Center for assistance with fall semester planning.
STEPS to request an advanced appointment with an Academic Counselor who will help you plan your first semester classes and develop a Student Educational Plan (SEP).
- APPLY to SBCC (You will need your SBCC student ID# in steps 3/4).
- ORDER official transcripts from all colleges attended. For options on submitting transcripts to SBCC, go here.
- VERIFY that SBCC received your transcript(s). View your student records in your Pipeline account, following the steps outlined here. Once SBCC receives your transcript, it can then take 5-7 working days before it is accessible by a counselor in your appointment.
- COMPLETE the Transfer Student Appointment Form after you have verification that your external, official transcript has been received.
- To access the form you MUST be logged off any personal Gmail or email account and logged into your SBCC Pipeline account.
- If you get a "You need permission" message, log off any personal email account you may have open and use your Pipeline account to access the form.
- WAIT (2-3 business days) for a representative to call or email you to set up your appointment with an Academic Counselor. In this appointment we will assist you with your first semester plan, and help you start the transcript evaluation process. Comprehensive evaluations of transcripts may take 1-2 weeks for some classes, and 3 months for others, based on where the courses were taken and which department needs to evaluate them: an academic department faculty at SBCC, Transcript Evaluation Office (TEO), or Articulation Office.
Click here for the Transfer Student Appointment Form
For coursework completed outside of the California Community College system having a course syllabus (course outline/program of study) can often speed up the evaluation process.