Transfer Student Appointment
We are happy to assist incoming transfer students who have attended other colleges/universities with spring course planning. You must have applied to SBCC, have your student ID number, and have transcripts with you or on file.
STEPS to take before you meet with an Academic Counselor who will help you plan your first semester classes and develop a Student Educational Plan (SEP).
- APPLY to SBCC and make note of your SBCC student ID number.
- ORDER official transcripts from all colleges attended. For options on submitting transcripts to SBCC, go here.
- VERIFY that SBCC received your transcript(s). View your student records in your Pipeline account, following the steps outlined here. Once SBCC receives your transcript, it can then take 5-7 working days before it is accessible by a counselor.
- From now through Jan.11, please come to the Academic Counseling Center for assistance with spring semester planning. Keep in mind we have limited counselor coverage. The semester begins Jan. 14.
- In this appointment we will assist you with your first semester plan, and help you start the transcript evaluation process. Comprehensive evaluations of transcripts may take 1-2 weeks for some classes, and 3 months for others, based on where the courses were taken and which department needs to evaluate them: an academic department faculty at SBCC, Transcript Evaluation Office (TEO), or Articulation Office.
- Once the semester begins, you will need to make an appointment with your assigned counselor in Starfish for long term education planning. Appointments can be scheduled starting the first week of the spring semester for February 1 and beyond.
For coursework completed outside of the California Community College system having a course syllabus (course outline/program of study) can often speed up the evaluation process.