How to Request an Evaluation of Coursework

  1. Enroll at Santa Barbara City College (SBCC).

  2. Verify your major/program/educational goal is correct. Follow the steps on Degree Works™ to update your information.

  3. Submit official transcripts to SBCC Admissions and Records from all past institutions you have attended. 

    • AP Scores: see Step 5.  

  4. Verify your official transcripts were received by SBCC Admissions and Records. If your official transcripts are not on file with Admissions and Records your request for evaluation will not be processed. 

  5. Submit a request for evaluation to the Transcript Evaluation Office:

After you submit a request for evaluation: 

See the FAQ page for processing information and timelines. Notifications will be emailed to your SBCC Pipeline account, so check it regularly.