COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement Information
At a special Santa Barbara City College Board of Trustees meeting held on August 5, 2021, the Board passed Resolution No. 1 - COVID-19 Immunization. The resolution requires “full” (as defined by the U.S. Center for Disease Control) COVID-19 vaccination. Immunization verification must be provided to SBCC as a condition of:
- Entering an SBCC campus building
- Attending an in-person SBCC class
- Using a service located off-campus
This applies to all students and employees unless they have obtained an approved exemption based on medical, disability, religious grounds, or a deferral based on pregnancy. Current safety protocols remain in place for anyone entering SBCC campuses for services, including:
- SBCC approved face coverings required to be worn indoors for both vaccinated and non-vaccinated individuals
- Completed health questionnaire AND
- Physical distancing recommended, regardless of vaccination status.
All members of the public (age 5 and up) attending events on campus (including but not limited to: indoor SBCC Athletics events, indoor performances, etc.) are required to be able to present:
- Proof of full vaccination (as defined by CDC) OR
- a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within the past 72 hours AND
- a photo ID
N95/KN95 Face coverings are required indoors at all times while SBCC remains in the "Medium" level (Tier 2 of the COVID-19 Mitigation Plan). Visitors will be required to leave the facilities for non-compliance.