Admissions & Records FAQs
- Login to your SBCC Pipeline account at http://pipeline.sbcc.edu.
TIP: If this is your first time logging in, be sure to follow the instructions at “START HERE” to find your username and password.
- Go to the Registration and Student Records channel.
- Click on Registration.
- Click on Check Your Registration Status to see your registration appointment date and time.
- Click on Register, Add, Drop Classes.
- Go to Pipeline: http://pipeline.sbcc.edu.
- At “START HERE” click on Find my username/password.
- Enter the requested information and click Look Up.
- Assessment Holds: www.sbcc.edu/assessment or contact the Assessment Center (805) 730-4149.
- Orientation Holds: www.sbcc.edu/orientation or email email@example.com
- Advising Holds: www.sbcc.edu/counselingcenter/advising.php.
- Financial Holds: Contact the Cashier’s Office at (805) 730-4197.
- Dean’s Hold: Contact the Dean, Educational Programs Student Support Services (805) 730-4078.
- Registrar Hold: Contact Admissions & Records at (805) 730-4300.
Instructor permission is required to add a closed class. Contact the instructor for permission to add a closed class, or go to the first class meeting to request permission to add a closed class. If the class is offered online, contact the instructor via email. If the instructor approves your request, you will be provided with an Add Authorization Code. Instructor emails are located in the student’s Pipeline email account.
Use the add code to officially register in the class. Log into http://pipeline.sbcc.edu and go to Registration and Student Records. On the Add/Drop Classes page, input the CRN (Course Reference Number) of the class you wish to register for and click on "submit changes". Enter the Add Authorization Code and click "verify" to continue. Submit your changes, review your schedule and pay fees.
CRN is the abbreviation for Course Reference Number. Every course offering has a 5 digit
“R” means that the class meets on Thursdays.
Check the SBCC Web Schedule of classes at www.sbcc.edu/classes.Click on the CRNfor detailed course information.
No. You may register on your registration date and time or anytime thereafter.
Pay your fees online.
1. Log into your Pipeline at http://pipeline.sbcc.edu
2. Find the Registration and Student Records channel.
3. Click on Pay My Bill. Pay by credit card or check.
Pay your fees in person at the Cashier’s Office, Students Services Building. Go to www.sbcc.edu/fees for complete fee information.
- Fall 2009
Effective July 24, 2009, the college discontinued dropping students for failure to pay fees for the Fall 2009 semester. You are still responsible for all enrollment, tuition, and other fees for all registered courses. Failure to pay your fees will result in a financial hold on your record. If you do not officially drop classes by the stated deadline(s), a substandard grade may be reflected on your academic record. It is your responsibility to officially drop any class that you do not attend. You will also not be able to conduct college transactions (order transcripts, enroll for Spring, etc.) until you settle your account.
- Spring 2010
You may be dropped for non-payment of fees 7 days after your registration transaction.
If the classes are still open, you may re-add them through your Pipeline account. If the classes are closed, you may search the web schedule for an open CRN of the same course. You may also ask the instructor for permission to add a closed class. If your request is approved, you will be provided with an Add Authorization Code to use to officially add the course.
English 110 has a corequisite of English 120. Check the error message for the CRN of ENG 120 that must be added simultaneously with ENG 110.
- Log in to Pipeline at http://pipeline.sbcc.edu .
- Find the "Registration and Student Records" channel.
- Click on My SBCC ID Number.
- Go to Pipeline http://pipeline.sbcc.edu .
- At “START HERE” click on Find my username/password.
- Enter the requested information and click "Look Up".
Note: you must have completed and submitted an SBCC admissions application before you can obtain your Pipeline username and password. Please also be sure that you are entering the information just as it appeared on your admissions application. (i.e. if your name on your admissions application is Michael, do not enter Mike when completing the fields.
If you continue to experience difficulty, please come to Admissions & Records, SS-110 or call (805) 965-0581 ext. 2250.
- The username and password is case sensitive.
- Please note: The username and password for Pipeline is not the same username and password that you created when completing your online admissions application through CCCAPPLY.
- Click on the “Find my username and password” link to retrieve your correct log in name and password.
If you continue to experience difficulty, please come to Admissions & Records, SS 110 or call (805) 965-0581 ext. 2250.
You must re-apply to SBCC. Go to www.sbcc.edu/apply to submit an online application. Online applications are generally processed within 30 minutes. Paper applications are accepted but are generally processed within 48 – 72 business hours.
How do I get transcripts sent to a school?
Go to www.sbcc.edu/transcripts for ordering options. Transcripts are ordered online.
TIP: Transcripts will not be released if you have any outstanding financial obligations to the college.
Due to reduced resources, calls requesting information on how to order transcripts will not be returned.
I would like to verify that you received my transcripts.
You can now use Pipeline to verify that SBCC has received your official transcripts from other institutions. Follow the step-by-step instructions.
- Log in to Pipeline at http://pipeline.sbcc.edu.
- Select Student Records from the Registration and Student Records channel
- Select Official Transcripts Received from Other Institutions
How do I apply to the college?
Apply online at www.sbcc.edu/apply. Online applications are generally processed within 30 minutes.
Paper applications are accepted in Admissions & Records, SS-110. Paper applications are generally processed within 48 – 72 business hours.
I applied online, what do I do next?
Review the Steps to Enrollment at www.sbcc.edu/apply.
I applied a couple weeks ago and I have not received an email or anything by mail.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your full name, date of birth and the date you submitted your application. Admissions & Records will research your application and send you a complete response.
How can I establish residency?
For complete information, visit www.sbcc.edu/residency.
How much is out of state tuition?
Visit www.sbcc.edu/fees for fee information.
I’m being charged out of state tuition when I have always lived in CA. What do I do?
Come to Admissions & Records, SS-110, Window 5 for in-person assistance.
Call Admissions & Records at (805) 965-0581 ext. 5151. Leave your full name, SBCC ID, and a phone number where you can be reached. Phone calls will be returned within 24 business hours.