Medical Office Visits are by Appointment for That Day
- Single doses of commonly used over the counter medicines.
- Band-Aids, condoms and feminine products also available.
Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics are on campus and provide services to enrolled SBCC students. They're services are funded by the state of California Family PACT program. There are income eligibility requirements and a small amount of paperwork to fill out before your appointment. Sexual Health Clinic hours are Wednesdays and Fridays from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. during Fall and Spring semesters. Appointments are advised but walk-ins are seen whenever possible.
During Summer months the Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics are on campus Wednesday mornings. See the websites below. Make your sexual health a priority!
Services for women include:
• Hormonal birth control without a pelvic exam
• STI (Sexually Transmitted Infections) testing and treatment
• Pregnancy Testing
• Emergency Contraception ("Plan B") for patients over 18 yrs (available any day our clinic is open).
Plan B – Emergency Contraception:
Plan B (also known as the morning after pill) can be obtained at the health center during regular clinic hours. Plan B can help prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex and is most effective if taken within 72 hours. Students will be assessed for health history risk factors and pregnancy and will be charged a small fee for the medication. Click here for more information on Plan B.
Services for men include:
• STI testing and treatments
• Information counseling and referrals
Call (805) 965-0581 x 2298 or stop by the office (Student Services 170) to make an appointment. There is a small amount of paperwork to be completed. Walk-ins are seen whenever possible.
You can find more information about Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics on their website: www.sbclinics.com
We offer tuberculosis skin tests and seasonal flu vaccines (during appropriate months) at low cost.
Vaccinations for College Students
You're NEVER too old to get immunized!
- Tetanus/Tdap (whooping cough) > Offered at SHS when appropriate for wounds. This vaccine needs to be renewed every 10 yrs (5 yrs if you had a deep/dirty wound)
- Meningococcal (meningitis) > Effective vaccine to prevent a serious illness to type A & B meningitis.
- HPV/Human Papillomavirus > This vaccine is for both men and women Prevents HPV infections, cervical and genital cancer.
- MMR/Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- FLU offered at SHS during appropriate months such as October-December
Feel free to contact us or stop by to receive more information on these vaccines. We can refer you to an inexpensive place in the community!
Click here or on any of the listed vaccines for a table with information about these and more vaccines!
- Blood pressure
- Height and weight
- Tuberculosis test
Information regarding various community agencies is available. Referrals will be made as needed. Many agencies provide a student discount.
Please see the Resources link in the navigation menu above
Dental Services: Dr. Doran Z. Dobranszky, D.D.S. is offering dental services at discount prices for SBCC students who do not have dental insurance. For a list of prices please stop by Student Health or the International Student Office. The dentists' office is located at 5901 Encina Road, Suite C-1, in Goleta. To make an appointment please call (805) 967-5671.
SBCC offers a secondary insurance policy to cover students for accidental injuries that occur in class or college sponsored activities. Accidents must be reported to the Student Health Services office (SS-170) within 72 hours. Students must first submit claims to their private primary insurance. There is a $50 deductible on claims. For full information on this coverage, bulletins are available at the Student Health Services office (SS-170).
Affordable Care Act www.healthcare.gov
Covered California www.coveredca.com