Welcome! People are relieved when they find out they're not alone. FREE, confidential personal counseling is available to all SBCC students.
We're committed to promoting emotional health to support academic and personal success.
To make an appointment or get more information, please contact us at the
Student Health Services office,
965-0581 x 2298
Our counseling staff is composed of licensed counselors, including a bilingual, Spanish-speaking counselor, and supervised interns who are sensitive to your needs as a student. We are committed to promoting emotional health to support academic and personal success.
You have the right to…
- have respectful treatment that will be helpful to you
- enter a safe environment
- ask questions about your therapy
- request and receive full information about the therapist’s professional capabilities
- refuse to answer any questions or disclose any information you choose not to reveal
- know the limits of confidentiality
- request the transfer of a copy of your file to any therapist or agency you choose
- seek a second opinion at any time about your therapy or therapist’s methods
- request that the therapist inform you of your progress
All counseling records are confidential within legal constraints, and are not part of the student’s academic records. Information shared in counseling sessions may be discussed for consultation or intern supervision, but will not be disclosed outside the Health Services and Wellness office.