Studying, bussing it, grabbing food, texting, hanging out, working out, pulling an all nighter, filling out scholarships, paying rent, getting sick, getting better, seeing family, working late, falling in love....Life is FULL. Make sure RELAXATION is part of your day. Find ideas below...
All wound up? Try some deep breathing. It's easy & free!
Deep Breathing/Visualization Technique:
- Close your eyes.
- Begin deep, calm breathing, in through your nose, out through your mouth.
- Clear your mind. Allow thoughts to drift by as you continue breathing.
- Relax all muscles in the body from head to toe, one by one.
- Release any remaining tension. Imagine it flowing out of tips of fingers and toes.
- Focus on a place (real or imagines) where you feel peaceful and safe. Notice colors, smells, sounds.
- Settle into this space, so you can re-create the feeling anytime.
- When ready, open eyes and come back into the room feeling calm and relaxed.
Click here for video and audio recordings from Simon Fraser University to help you de-stress, relax, unwind, re-energize ...
Listen to the Mindfulness and Progressive Muscle Relaxation audio recordings or view the yoga, relaxation and stretching videos.
Check out the Honest Guys YouTube Channel for motivational, meditation and relaxation videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheHonestGuys
Easy to follow Tai Chi and Acupressure Techniques:
- Emotional Freedom Technique
- Fingerhold Practice
- Foot Reflexology
- Hand Reflexology
- Head Holds
- Pal Dan Gum
- Capacitar Tai Chi
Pick up a book, grab some meditation!
All welcome in the SBCC Luria Library for FREE weekly meditation. Students, staff and faculty are invited to join Ken Neufeld on Mondays from 10:00am-10:15 for teaching and/or sharing, and 10:15am-10:45am for silent meditation. You may attend all or just part of the allotted time. No experience is necessary and you may sit on the floor or in a chair. For questions please contact Ken at firstname.lastname@example.org