Transfer Academy News:
Welcome to the 2015 - 16 Academic School Year. The Transfer Academy team is looking forward to working with you.
~4-Year Institutions that may still be open for fall 2015 admission
~Transfer 101 Workshops
- The Transfer Academy/Center will be offering Transfer 101 Workshops throughout the academic year. All are welcome to attend.
~TA Counseling Appointments - Fall 2015
- Drop-In Counseling is available mid semester beginning November 9th - November 19th. Individual appointments are also available through the end of fall. To schedule an appointment with a TA counselor, please call (805) 730-4347.
~Virtual Counseling is available
- The TA will offer virtual counseling throughout the 2015 - 16 academic year. The TA is offering online "Transfer Chat" where you can chat live via text with a Transfer Academy counselor.
~Study Abroad in Cambodia/Vietnam, France, Italy, or Spain
- Study abroad through SBCC's Study Abroad Program this summer and earn UC transferable units through our communications department.
~Thrive Wellness Coaching
- Thrive Wellness Coach is Company dedicated to helping Clients navigate life challenges and overcome personal obstacles, to shift into a new lifestyle of health, vitality and happiness. The obstacles in life may appear in the form of addictions, detrimental relationships, communication difficulties, low self-esteem, unhealthy diet or lack of exercise. Our Coaches help clients develop a strategy to attack their roadblocks, face their fears, and move into a more fulfilling life. Through structure, strategy, and accountability, Thrive Wellness Coaches empower clients to work through the negative habits and beliefs that are holding them back. Check out their website.
- University Representatives on SBCC campus - Fall 2015 Schedule
- UCSB - Fall 2015 Virtual Advising Information
- Earn a BA in Business, Child Development, and Psychology from CSUCI without leaving SBCC - Program Information
- NYU Admissions Presentation - Friday, 9/18 at 10:00 a.m. in SS-250
- ASU Admissions Presentation - Monday, 10/12 at Noon in SS-250
- The TAG for UCSD has been discontinued beginning fall 2015 admission. Admission will be offered through the 'regular' admissions process
~Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) - Fall 2016 Admission Cycle
- The UC TAG GPA for each institution has increased - check out the UC GPA Flier for specific information
- Access the UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP) -The TAP is a tool that helps you track your progress toward meeting UC's minimum requirements. The tool allows UC staff to communicate important information. Additionally, TAP is used to begin the UC TAG application and self-reported information can be imported into the UC application
- The TAG application will open for submission on September 1st; the deadline is Monday, September 30th at 11:59 p.m.
- TAG kiosk will open in August for questions Monday - Thursday in the Student Services Lobby
- TAG workshops will be held Tuesday - Thursday during the month of September - sbcc.edu/tag
- TAG tutorial available online
- TAG application reviews will be held on Monday, September 14, 21, 28 from 8:30 a.m. - noon in the Assessment Center, SS-250
- TAG - Workshop, Kiosk, Completed Review Information
~UC Admissions Update - Fall 2016 Admission Cycle
- UC and CSU for Fall 2016 Admission Application and Personal Statement workshop schedule
- Attention Prospective UCSB Transfer Students-Click here
- Virtual College Fair - Participate in virtual college fairs and chat live with university admissions representatives at CollegeWeek Live
- UC-CSU Application Timeline for fall 2016 admission
~CSU Admissions Update
- 14 CSU's open for spring 2016 admission; special conditions may apply - csumentor.org
- 8 CSU's do not have campus impaction; thus, as long as you meet the minimum admission requirements, you can be admitted to the University. Please note: major requirements/admission may vary and require additional classes, GPA, etc.
~ Degree/Certification Deadline
- The priority filing period for fall 2015 degree/certification is September 7 to October 29, 2015. The priority filing period for spring 2016 is February 1 to March 24, 2016.
- The fall 2015 course withdrawal deadline without a "W" is Friday, September 5th. Final withdrawal deadline with a "W" for a regular start/semester course is Friday, October 23rd.
~Financial Aid Regulation Changes
- Effective July 1, 2012 changes to FAFSA eligibility terms, Ability to Benefit options, and Course repetition changes will go into effect. Additional Information can be found at sbcc.edu/financialaid
Course Information:~The 2015 Winter Intersession list is available
- California Community Colleges open for Winter 2015 intersession; the list includes on campus, hybrid, and fully online courses. Winter 2016 will be posted October/November 2015.
~UC Transfer Limitation
There is a limit to the number of units for which UC grants credit in the following areas:
- English as a Second Language courses: a maximum of 8 semester (12 quarter) units
- Physical Education activity courses: a maximum of 4 semester (6 quarter) units
Duplicative credit prohibited: UC will not grant credit for college courses in which the content duplicates material of a previously completed course or examination for which credit has already been granted, with the exception of the repeat of deficient (D/F) course grades. Information can be found at Assist.org.
For Internal Use Only:
~Transfer 101 Workshops
- The TA will offer Transfer 101 Workshops throughout the summer. All are welcome to attend.