Transfer Academy News:
Welcome to the 2016 - 17 Academic School Year. The Transfer Academy team is looking forward to working with you.
~TA Counseling Appointments - Fall 2016
- Drop-in counseling is available all day from 8/22 - 8/30. Effective 10/3, drop-in counseling will be available M-TH from noon - 2:00 p.m. and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Individual appointments are available throughout the fall semester. To schedule an appointment with a TA counselor, please call (805) 730-4347
~Virtual Counseling is available
- The TA will offer virtual counseling throughout the 2016 - 17 academic year. The TA is offering online "Transfer Chat" where you can chat live via text with a Transfer Academy counselor
~4-Year Institutions that may still be open for fall 2016 admission
~Transfer ailable101 Workshops
- The Transfer Academy/Center will be offering Transfer 101: The Basics presentations throughout the academic year. All are welcome to attend
~Study Abroad in Costa Rica, Cuba, Paris, or Portugal & Spain
- Study abroad through SBCC's Study Abroad Program this summer and earn UC transferable units
- University Representatives on SBCC campus - Fall 2016 Schedule
- NYU Admissions Presentation - Wednesday, September 14th at noon
- UCSB - Virtual Advising Information
- Earn a BA in Business, Child Development, and Psychology from CSUCI without leaving SBCC - Program Information
~Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) - Fall 2016 Admission Cycle
- The UC TAG GPA for each institution has increased - check out the UC GPA Flier for specific information
- Access the UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP) -The TAP is a tool that helps you track your progress toward meeting UC's minimum requirements. The tool allows UC staff to communicate important information. Additionally, TAP is used to begin the UC TAG application and self-reported information can be imported into the UC application
- The TAG application will open for submission on September 1st; the deadline is Friday, September 30th at 11:59 p.m.
- TAG kiosk will open in September for questions Monday - Thursday in the Student Services Lobby
- TAG workshops will be held Tuesday - Thursday during the month of September - sbcc.edu/tag
- TAG tutorial available online
- TAG application reviews will be held on Monday, September 19, 26 from 8:30 a.m. - noon in the Assessment Center, SS-250
- TAG - Workshop, Kiosk, Completed Review Information
~UC Admissions Update - Fall 2017 Admission Cycle
- UC and CSU for Fall 2017 Admission Application and Personal Statement workshop schedule (updated schedule will be available ~August 22nd)
- Attention Prospective UCSB Transfer Students-Click here
- Virtual College Fair - Participate in virtual college fairs and chat live with university admissions representatives at CollegeWeek Live
- UC-CSU Application Timeline for fall 2017 admission
~CSU Admissions Update
- 13 CSU's open for spring 2017 admission; special conditions may apply - csumentor.org
- 8 CSU's do not have campus impaction; thus, as long as you meet the minimum admission requirements, you can be admitted to the University. Please note: major requirements/admission may vary and require additional classes, GPA, etc.
~ Degree/Certification Deadline
- The priority filing period for fall 2017 degree/certification is September 6 to October 20, 2016.
~ Pass/No Pass Grading Deadline
- The last day to petition pass/no pass grading is September 23rd.
- The fall 2016 course withdrawal deadline without a "W" is Friday, September 3rd. Final withdrawal deadline with a "W" for a regular start/semester course is Friday, October 21st.
~Financial Aid Regulation Changes
- Effective July 1, 2012, changes to FAFSA eligibility terms, Ability to Benefit options, and Course Repetition changes will go into effect. Additional Information can be found at sbcc.edu/financialaid
Course Information:~The 2015/2016 Winter Intersession list is available
- California Community Colleges open for Winter 2016 intersession; the list includes on-campus, hybrid, and fully online courses. The winter 2016/2017 list will be available in early November 2016.
~UC Transfer Limitation
There is a limit to the number of units for which UC grants credit in the following areas:
- English as a Second Language courses: a maximum of 8 semesters (12 quarter) units
- Physical Education activity courses: a maximum of 4 semesters (6 quarter) units
Duplicative credit prohibited: UC will not grant credit for college courses in which the content duplicates material of a previously completed course or examination for which credit has already been granted, with the exception of the repeat of deficient (D/F) course grades. Information can be found at Assist.org.
For Internal Use Only:
~Transfer 101 Workshops
- The TA will offer Transfer 101 Workshops throughout the summer. All are welcome to attend.
Mortar Board Example