Transfer Academy News:
Welcome to the 2014 - 15 Academic School Year. The Transfer Academy team is looking forward to working with you.
~4-Year Institutions that may still open for fall 2014 admission
~Counseling Appointments - Fall 2014
- Prospective and current Transfer Academy Members, counseling appointments are available throughout the fall beginning the week of September 2nd. Drop-In assistance is available the first week of instruction (August 25th through August 28th). Beginning September 2nd, please call (805) 730-4347 to schedule an appointment with one of our TA counselors.
~Virtual Counseling is available
- The TA will offer virtual counseling throughout the 2014- 15 academic year. Forthcoming, the TA will be introducing online "Transfer Talk" where you will be able to chat live via text with a Transfer Academy counselor.
~Study Abroad in Australia - Winter 2015
- Study abroad through SBCC's Study Abroad Program next winter and earn six UC transferable units through our communications department.
~Thrive Wellness Coaching
- Thrive Wellness Coach is Company dedicated to helping Clients navigate life challenges and overcome personal obstacles, to shift into a new lifestyle of health, vitality and happiness. The obstacles in life may appear in the form of addictions, detrimental relationships, communication difficulties, low self-esteem, unhealthy diet or lack of exercise. Our Coaches help clients develop a strategy to attack their roadblocks, face their fears, and move into a more fulfilling life. Through structure, strategy, and accountability, Thrive Wellness Coaches empower clients to work through the negative habits and beliefs that are holding them back. Check out their website.
- University Representatives on SBCC campus - Fall 2014 Schedule
- UCSB - Fall 2014 Virtual Advising Information
- Earn a BA in Business, Child Development, and Psychology from CSUCI without leaving SBCC - Program Information
- Fall 2014 CSU admission still open for some campuses
- The TAG for UCSD has been discontinued beginning with fall 2015 admission. Admission will be offered through the 'regular' admission process.
~Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) Information - Fall 2015 Admission Cycle
- The UC TAG GPA for each institution has increased - check out the UC GPA Flier for specific information
- The TAG application is open; the deadline is Monday, September 30th at 11:59 p.m. - sbcc.edu/tag
- TAG kiosk open for questions Monday - Thursday in the Student Services Lobby
- TAG workshops will be held Tuesday - Thursday during the month of September - sbcc.edu/tag
- TAG tutorial available online
- TAG application reviews will be held on Monday, September 16, 23, 30 from 8:30 - 12:00 in the Assessment Center, SS-250
- TAG - Workshop, Kiosk, Completed Review Information
~UC Admissions Update - Fall 2014 Admission Cycle
- UC and CSU for Fall 2015 (coming soon) Admission Application and Personal Statement
- Attention Prospective UCSB Transfer Students-Click here
- Virtual College Fair - Participate in virtual college fairs and chat live with university admissions representatives at CollegeWeek Live
- UC-CSU Application Timeline for fall 2015 admission
~CSU Admissions Update
- 6 CSU's are still accepting applications for fall 2014 admission; special conditions may apply - csumentor.org
- 9 CSU's do not have campus impaction; thus, as long as you meet the minimum admission requirements, you can be admitted to the University. Please note: major requirements/admission may vary and require additional classes, GPA, etc.
~ Degree/Certification Deadline
- The priority filing period for fall 2014 degree/certification is September 8 to October 23, 2014. The priority filing period for spring 2015 is February 2 to March 26, 2015.
- The fall 2014 course withdrawal deadline is Friday, October 24th
~Financial Aid Regulation Changes
- Effective July 1, 2012 changes to FAFSA eligibility terms, Ability to Benefit options, and Course repetition changes will go into effect. Additional Information can be found at sbcc.edu/financialaid
Course Information:~The 2014 Winter Intersession list is available
- California Community Colleges open for Winter 2014 intersession; the list includes on campus, hybrid, and fully online courses. The winter (January 2015) list will be available in late November.
~PD 100 & PD 110 (Cannot double count)
UC Office of the President notified SBCC that a UC transfer limitation has been added to PD 100 & PD 110, limiting the maximum credit allowed to one course. The limitation has been added retroactively beginning Fall 2005. This means that students who complete both PD courses are only allowed to count one of them (for a total of 3 semester units) toward the minimum 60 required for UC eligibility.
For Internal Use Only:
~Transfer 101 Workshops
- The TA will offer Transfer 101 Workshops throughout the summer. All are welcome to attend.