TA Virtual Counseling
Virtual counseling is offered via two different avenues
1) You can attend a virtual counseling drop in session offered every Thursday during Spring 2014 from 4pm-6pm.
**Please note: Each virtual drop in counseling session is open for everyone so multiple students can join the session.
**Instructions on how to join the drop in sessions can be found here.
2) Schedule a private virtual appointment that works with your schedule.
**Please note: Each private virtual appointment has a private page that only you and your counselor can view.
**Schedule a private virtual appointment through our Virtual Counseling Request Form. Choose a time that works for you, the TA counselor will email you within two business days to confirm your appointment and provide you with detailed information regarding the activation process.
"Interactive Counseling from the comfort of your home"
With our busy schedules and multiple responsibilities, it can be challenging to find the time to stop by the Transfer Center and meet with a TA counselor. To simplify this, we implemented "TA Virtual Counseling." One of our TA counselors can meet with you via the web and provide you with information regarding:
Academic planning preparation
Institutional and transfer admission requirements
Assist you in planning and implementing immediate and long range goals
Develop individualized Student Educational Plans
Conduct student success interventions
Evaluate U.S. college transcripts
Provide professional career counseling
Provide personal counseling
Provide support for your success at Santa Barbara City College
Logging in to your virtual counseling session is easy, follow these steps to join your session:
1) Have access to a computer with internet, web cam, and phone:
2a) If logging into a drop in virtual counseling session make sure you have the log in codes which can be found here.
2b) If logging in to a private virtual counseling appointment, make sure you have your confirmation email.
3) Log on to your scheduled appointment TA Virtual. It's that simple.
Tips to help you prepare for your appointment:
We want to ensure you get the most out of your virtual appointment. By the time your appointment ends our goal is to have answered all of your questions and that you feel at ease with your academic plan. To accomplish this we recommend you do a little preparation for your appointment. Before your appointment we recommend you make a list of the questions you have for your counselor, for example: What is my GPA? What courses am I missing for an AA degree? Will I be eligible for a TAG?
Prior to your appointment, you may want to consider the following:
1) Have you attended another college or university outside of SBCC? If so, do you have access to your transcripts?
2) What is your major? If still undecided, no worries as your counselor can assist with the explorative process.
3) What universities are you interested in? Have you selected your preferred TAG university?
4) Do you have a career goal? Would you like to discuss this topic further with your counselor?
Consider some other topics you may want to explore, such as;