Apply to College
Apply Now for Summer & Fall 2015 Admission!
During summer 2015, SBCC will have two separate semesters (Summer I & Summer II). Students requesting admission into the Spring 2015 semester should submit the Spring 2015 Admission Application. Students requesting admission into Summer I, Summer II or Fall 2015 semesters will submit one application with the term: (Summer I, Summer II, Fall 2015).
SEMESTER & YEAR OF ENROLLMENT
APPLICATION YOU NEED TO SUBMIT
SPRING 2015 SEMESTER
SPRING 2015 TERM APPLICATION
SUMMER 2015 / FALL 2015
SUMMER I, SUMMER II, FALL TERM APPLICATION
2015 SEMESTER START & END DATES:
Spring 2015 (1/20/15 - 5/16/15)
Summer I 2015 (5/18/15 - 6/27/15)
Summer II 2015 (6/29/15 - 8/8/15)
Fall 2015 (8/24/15 - 12/12/15)
Online applications are processed within 30-45 minutes. Paper applications are processed within 48-72 business hours.
Admission is open to anyone who:
• Holds a high school diploma or equivalent;
• Is 18 years old or older; and/or
• Is enrolled in high school and wishes to attend SBCC concurrently as a part-time student.
Applications for Spring 2015 must be submitted by any student who:
•Was not enrolled at SBCC in Fall 2014; or
•Withdrew from all Fall 2014 SBCC classes on or before September 6, 2014.
How to Apply
Apply ONLINE in English or Spanish. There is no fee for submitting an application. Some programs
require supplemental applications.
Applicants are urged to provide their Social Security number when applying to SBCC. The Social Security number will be needed for financial aid, employment, education tax credit, and for many special programs that require California certification. SBCC will provide a student identification number if the Social Security number is not provided. The student ID number will not replace the Social Security number.
Admissions & Records will process your application and you will receive an Enrollment Checklist in the mail. The Checklist will detail whether or not Assessment, Orientation and Advising are required based on the educational goal and/or transfer plan you have selected on your application.
Alternatives to applying online:
1) Download and print the Admissions Application using Acrobat Reader. Print out and sign the
application and submit by mail or in person at Admissions & Records. Click here for the Programs of Study/Major Code Sheet
2) Apply in person at Admissions & Records. The Spanish version of the paper application is available at Admissions & Records, Counseling, or the ESL Office.
3) Call (805) 730-4450 to have an application mailed to you.
For students seeking admission under the California Dream Act /AB 540, see www.sbcc.edu/admissions/dreamact.php.
1) International students may not apply online; Please visit the International Students Office for instructions on how to apply.
2) High School students wishing to concurrently enroll at SBCC may submit the online application, making sure to select 'Dual Enrollment' as the Student Type. Download and print
the Dual Enrollment Approval Form and submit the completed form to Admissions & Records.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Students who remain continuously enrolled (i.e. Fall 2014, Spring 2015) do not need to submit a new application. However, ALL Dual Enrollment students must submit a completed Approval Form prior to each semester of enrollment.
All graduating high school seniors who have attended SBCC as Dual Enrollment students must submit a new application, indicating their Student Type as 'First-Time Student in College.'
For additional application requirements for the programs listed below, contact the department directly, or Enrollment Services at (805) 730-4450.
|Associate Degree Nursing||(805) 730-4166|
|Vocational Nursing||(805) 730-4166|
|Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)||(805) 730-4166|
|Home Health Aide (HHA)||(805) 730-4166|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonography||(805) 730-4166|
|Cosmetology Academy||(805) 683-4191|
|Honors Program||(805) 965-0581 x 4736|
|Marine Diving Technologies||(805) 730-4226|
|School of Culinary Arts (SCA)||
|Learning Communities||(805) 965-0581 ext. 2403|
Send Your Transcripts
Contact all the schools you have attended and request to have your official transcripts
sent to SBCC. There may be a fee. Have your official transcripts sent to Admissions
& Records, Santa Barbara City College, 721 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara, CA 93109-2394.
Transcripts may be submitted separately from the application.
Selective Service Registration
In accordance with ECS 66500, the college is required to make every reasonable effort to inform all male applicants for undergraduate admissions of their obligation to register in accordance with the Federal Military Selective Service Act. In meeting these guidelines, the following information is provided:
• Selective Service System, Registration Information Office, P.O. Box 94638, Palantine,
IL, 60094-4638, www.sss.gov, or 847-688-6888.
• In accordance with ECS 69400, no person subject to the Federal Military Selective Service Act shall receive any financial aid if that person has not registered in accordance with that act.
• Selective Service Registration cards are available in the lobby of the Student Services Building.
Admissions & Records Hours
Monday & Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Tuesday & Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Phone: (805) 965-0581 ext. 7222 or (805) 730-4450
ALL INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE