Rules and Policies
- Every student must check in to use lab resources, and check out when they leave. Student Sign-In desk is located
at the entrance to IDC 102 from the outdoor patio area.
- A valid SBCC student ID number must be used to login, and students must be enrolled
in the current semester.
- The lab is a quiet area, please silence all cell phones or pagers and take phone conversations
- Please leave your workspace clean, paper may be placed in the recycle baskets.
- Disruptive or rude behavior will not be tolerated.
- All students using the labs must follow the SBCC Standards of Student Conduct, Student Use Policy and Electronic Communications Policy.
Computer Lab Rules
- Food and drink are not permitted on the computer tables as they may damage computer
equipment. Drinks are permitted in the lab if they are kept away from the computers.
- Copying software from lab computers is illegal, attempts to copy software will face
- Installation of software on lab computers is not permitted.
- Files saved to the local computer hard drive will be erased, you may save files on
the network drive. We suggest that you bring a usb flash drive to save your work or
email files to yourself using webmail.
- Black and white printing is available for 10 cents per page. You may pay for printing
only with an SBCC student ID containing funds. Use Print Preview as much as possible
to help proofread documents on the screen before you print.
- Computers are available for class related work. Students using a computer for non-academic
purposes may be asked to leave the lab if computers are in demand.
- Do not unplug any computer station from the network, do not plug laptops into the
- Report computer problems to a tutor or staff, please do not attempt to fix them yourself.
- Displaying sexually explicit, graphically disturbing, or sexually harassing images
or text is considered misuse of computers and will be reported to campus authorities.
Event logs are monitored by the Network Administrator, and action will be taken against
- Your computer activities may be monitored remotely without any warning or indication.
Back to top
721 Cliff Drive Santa Barbara, CA 93109-2394 Main Campus Phone: 805.965.0581 © 2016 Santa Barbara City College