What We Do
"Creating a dialogue on learning and teaching..."
CTL's Functions and Responsibilities
1. Identifies and facilitates the incorporation of strategies that enhance student
success in the classroom and through campus learning support services (Library and
2. Works closely with instructional faculty and Student Services to integrate student success initiatives campus-wide.
3. Serves as liaison between faculty and Library staff on policies affecting utilization of the library, its resources and other faculty matters.
4. Serves as liaison between faculty and LSS staff on policies affecting utilization of the LSS, its resources and other faculty matters.
5. Provides oversight and general direction on tutorial allocations, and policies for operation of the LSS (Library/LRC).
Committee Members 2014-2015
Chair: Patrick Foster, Construction Academy/Technologies
1 Academic Senate Liaison (non-voting) Laurie Vasquez /Educational Support
** Mark Ferrer, Faculty Professional Development /Faculty Resource Center
Business Education Division- TBD
Educational Support Division - Lydia Aguirre-Fuentes
English/English Skills Division- TBD
Fine Arts Division- TBD
Modern Languages/ESL Division
Health and Human Services Division - Shawna Sweeney
Mathematics Division- TBD
Physical Education/Athletics Division - Sandrine Krul
Sciences Division - Doug Folsom
Social Science Division - TBD
Technologies Division - TBD
1 Educational Programs Dean Liaison (non-voting) - Alice Scharper
1 LSS/LRC Director - Jerry Pike
1 Library Director (or designee) - Elizabeth Bowman
1 LRC Supervisor
11 Faculty (1 from each division)
4 Faculty at large (no more than a total of 3 from any one division)
Resource - Anita Cole, Senate