What We Do
This Academic Senate committee is creating a dialogue about teaching and learning at SBCC.
The committee meets 2nd/4th Mondays, 3:00 p.m.
|Campus Initiatives||Faculty Groups and
|Committee Members||Working with Students||
Writing and Reading Across Curriculum
|Recommended journals and websites|| Faculty Resource Center
1. Identifies and facilitates the incorporation of strategies that enhance student
success in the classroom and through campus learning support services (Library and
2. Works closely with instructional faculty and Student Services to integrate student success initiatives campus-wide.
3. Serves as liaison between faculty and Library staff on policies affecting utilization of the library, its resources and other faculty matters.
4. Serves as liaison between faculty and LSS staff on policies affecting utilization of the LSS, its resources and other faculty matters.
5. Provides oversight and general direction on tutorial allocations, and policies for operation of the LSS (Library/LRC).
Chair: Patrick Foster, Construction Academy/Technologies
Academic Senate Liaison (non-voting) Laurie Vasquez /Educational Support
** Mark Ferrer, Faculty Professional Development /Faculty Resource Center
Business Education Division- TBD
Educational Support Division - Lydia Aguirre-Fuentes, Elizabeth Bowman, Jerry Pike Camila Acosta
English/English Skills Division- Jennifer Baxton, Sarah Boggs
Fine Arts Division- TBD
Health and Human Services Division - Sarah Orr
Mathematics Division- TBD
Modern Languages/ESL Division
Physical Education/Athletics Division - Sandrine Krul
Sciences Division - Doug Folsom
Social Science Division - TBD
Technologies Division - TBD
Educational Programs Dean Liaison (non-voting) - Alice Scharper
Membership requirements from bylaws back to top
1 LSS/LRC Director
1 Library Director (or designee)
1 LRC Supervisor
11 Faculty (1 from each division)
4 Faculty at large (no more than a total of 3 from any one division)
Resource - Anita Cole, Senate
SBCC teaching tips
Institute of Learning Technologies
instructional design models
strategies to check student learning
- lesson plans
- assessment tools
- Learning objects