2016-17 Board Goals
Annually the Santa Barbara Community College District Board of Trustees establishes a set of goals which represent its priorities for the year. These goals provide a focus for the Board and institution and inform the public of issues of importance to Santa Barbara City College as it advances its mission and purpose.
SANTA BARBARA COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Adopted: August 25, 2016
1. Student Access and Success
- Support the SBCC Foundation’s Promise program which provides funds to pay for tuition and textbooks for two years for local high school graduates who attend SBCC full time.
- Support the expansion of noncredit programs and the building of pathways from noncredit to credit programs.
- Support the SBCC Foundation.
- Encourage and support innovation for student educational access and success with a focus on local needs, and all ages.
- Support planning and implementation to develop a balanced budget and sustainable long-term fiscal stability.
- Support the efficient and effective use of our resources–fiscal, human and facilities-in support of our mission.
- Support continued efforts to diversify our employees.
- Support completion of Facilities Master Plan.
3. Community Focus
- Support community outreach and engagement by the Superintendent/President and all college employees.
- Support institutional community partnering and educational programs for ages 0 through life.
- Support our Superintendent/President in leading and implementing a unified communications program that includes listening to our communities’ ideas and concerns.
4. Build a Stronger Board/College Relationship
- Support our Superintendent/President in engaging the Board early on and at the policy level in the development of major college decisions and initiatives.
- Support the development of a unifying college vision.
- Participate, support and engage at the policy level with our Superintendent/President and the college to address major issues that will guide the college going forward including the college vision; scaling the size of the college and related housing issues; and fiscal stability.
- Remain mindful of our policy role.
- Support the College in the submission of the Follow-up Report to ACCJC due March 15, 2017, and the ongoing implementation of ACCJC recommendations and Actionable Improvement Plans.
- Support efforts to explore the issue of student housing and workforce housing and learn about them.