Program Requirements and Course Prerequisites
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS & COURSE PREREQUISITES – Prior to the start of the 18 month program:
- Proof of high school graduation or equivalency.
- MATH 093 Nursing and Allied Health Math, or qualifying score on SBCC math placement exam (placement into MATH 107-Intermediate
Algebra or higher)
- Math assessment testing: Make an appointment for the Math Test by contacting the Assessment Testing Office at 805‑965‑0581 x 2349, located in Student Services Building, 2nd floor. You do not need to take the test if you have successfully completed Math 093
- ENG 160 Reading and Literacy Strategies for Nursing OR qualifying score on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) reading exam - TEAS
score is NOT required if ENG 160 is completed with a passing grade.
- SBCC does not provide TEAS testing for VN applicants.
- Register for TEAS testing at http://www.atitesting.com/ati_store/
- Submit a copy of your TEAS test results to the Health Technologies Office.
- Anatomy and Physiology course. At SBCC -BMS 100 The human Body, or BMS 107 Human Anatomy and BMS 108 Human Physiology
- Completion of Healthy Aging 201, or a Gerontology course that is determined to be equivalent at another college.
- CNA certification – Active CNA license or Completion of the Memory Care program, which consists of CNA 105 & CNA 106.
- All Requirements must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher.