Program Requirements and Course Prerequisites
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS & COURSE PREREQUISITES – Prior to the start of the 18 month program:
- Proof of high school graduation or equivalency
- MATH 093 Nursing and Allied Health Math or eligibility for MATH 107 (Intermediate Algebra), or completion of equivalent Math 107 college course or higher. For Math assessment testing: Make an appointment for the Math Test by contacting the Assessment Testing Office at 805‑965‑0581 x 2349, located in Student Services Building, 2nd floor. You do not need to take the test if you have successfully completed Math 093.
- ENG 160 Reading and Literacy Strategies for Nursing (ATI TEAS Testing is embedded
in this course) OR Qualifying score (69%) on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) reading exam.
- SBCC does not provide TEAS testing for VN applicants.
- Register for TEAS testing at http://www.atitesting.com/ati_store/
- Submit a copy of your TEAS test results to the Health Technologies Office.
- Anatomy and Physiology course. At SBCC -BMS 100 The human Body, or BMS 107 Human Anatomy and BMS 108 Human Physiology
- Completion of Healthy Aging 201, or a Gerontology course that is determined to be equivalent at another college.
- Active CNA license required. If license is expired, it must have been active in past 3 years from start of VN program.
- OR Completion of the Memory Care program, which consists of CNA 105 & CNA 106.
- All Requirements must be completed with a grade of “C” or higher.