Functions and Responsibilities
- Reviews and approves all proposed changes and additions to college curriculum.
- Reviews other college functions related to curriculum.
- Advises the Executive Vice-President, Educational Programs, on curriculum development.
- Review the GE requirements and recommends changes as appropriate.
This is an interactive process. You are responsible for your proposal:
Online Course Requests
- If you are submitting a proposal for an online course (hybrid or fully online), schedule a meeting with Kathy O'Connor (course and curriculum design), Laurie Vasquez (accessibility compliance), and David Wong (course design and training).
- Meet regularly with David/FRC staff during the semester you submit your proposal to begin online course training and development
- Attend Tech Review appointment during the semester you are developing your course prior to the CAC hearing and representation of your course
- Once your proposal has the seal of approval from your CAC Rep and Tech Review, you are required to attend a CAC Hearing and represent your course.
Create the proposal in CurrIQunet
- If you have questions about the content of your proposal, contact a CAC Rep or stop by one of the “Drop in” meetings for answers
- Issues with the software CurrIQunet contact Kaylene: firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 8763
- Once your proposal is approved by your Department Chair, you are mandated to sit with your CAC Rep and review the proposal in a Tech Review session
- You should contact the Curriculum Coordinator (Kaylene: email@example.com or ext. 8763) to assist you in setting up a Tech Review appointment
- Tech Review appointments are made non CAC Agenda Meeting Mondays, between 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
CAC Hearing Agenda
- Once your proposal has the seal of approval from your CAC Rep, you are required to attend a CAC Hearing and represent your course.
- CAC Hearings are on the First and Third Monday’s of each month. The CAC will not review a course that does not have a representative
- The Curriculum Coordinator will let you know when your proposal will be schedule for a Hearing
Submission by the CAC due date is not a guarantee the course or program will be included in the catalog. All courses and programs must undergo the Curriculum Approval process.
Matthew Kay X5172
Matthew Kay X5172
CAC Vice Chair
Kathy O'Connor X2322
Kaylene Thomas X8763 Office: A-119