Functions and Responsibilities
- Reviews and approves all proposed changes and additions to college curriculum.
- Reviews other college functions related to curriculum.
- Advises the Executive Vice-President, Educational Programs, on curriculum development.
- Review the GE requirements and recommends changes as appropriate.
This is an interactive process. You are responsible for your proposal:
Online Course Requests
- If you are submitting a proposal for an online course (hybrid or fully online), schecule a meeting with Kathy O'Connor (course and curriculum design), Laurie Vasquez (accessibility design), and David Wong (course design and training).
- Meet regularly with David/FRC staff during the semester you submit your proposal to begin online course training and development
- Attend Tech Review appointment during the semester you are developing your course prior to the CAC hearing and representation of your course
- Once your proposal has the seal of approval from your CAC Rep and Tech Review, you are required to attend a CAC Hearing and represent your course.
Create the proposal in CurricUNET
- If you have questions about the content of your proposal, contact CAC Rep or stop by one of the “Drop in” meetings for answers
- Who is your CAC Rep (see below)
- Meetings/ Tech Reviews/ “Drop in” schedule
- Issues with the software CurricUNET contact Kaylene: email@example.com or ext. 8763
- Once your proposal is approved by your Division Dean, you are mandated to sit with your CAC Rep and review the proposal in a Tech Review session
- You should contact the Curriculum Coordinator (Kaylene: firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 8763) to assist you in setting up a Tech Review appointment
- Tech Review appointments are made non CAC Agenda Meeting Mondays, between 3:00pm – 5:00pm in room A-181
CAC Hearing Agenda
- Once your proposal has the seal of approval from your CAC Rep, you are required to attend a CAC Hearing and represent your course.
- CAC Hearings are on the First and Third Monday’s of each month. The CAC will not review a course that does not have a representative
- The Curriculum Coordinator will let you know when your proposal will be schedule for a Hearing
Randy Bublitz X2457
Kathy O'Connor X2322
Kaylene Thomas X2763 Office: A-119a
All meetings and tech reviews are 3-5 p.m. in room A-181
Meetings are scheduled for the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month and are subject to change. Please contact the Curriculum Coordinator ( X 8763) for accurate dates.
|Spring 2017 CAC Course Review Timeline|
|Tech Reviews:||CAC Meetings||Board Of Trustee
|January 23||February 6||February 23, 2017|
|January 30||February 6||February 27||March 23, 2017|
|February 13||February 27||March 6||March 23, 2017|
|March 13||March 20||April 3||April 27, 2017|
|April 10||April 17||May 1||May 25, 2017|
|April 24||May 1|
REMINDER: If there is no Divisional Representative as a sitting member on CAC the Division will not have their proposals reviewed. ALSO please make certain that all courses scheduled for Technical Review have been moved along the approval process in CurricUNET to LEVEL 4 prior to the TECH REVIEW.
***Notify your chair and/or Dean of your proposal so they know they need to review and
|Ignacio Alarcon||Mathematics||x 2553|
|Julie Brown||Business||x 3599|
|Larry Friesen||Sciences||x 4118|
|Michael Gros||Fine Arts/School of Media Arts||x 4049|
|Thomas Carrasco||Social Sciences||x 4350|
|Juan Casillas||ESL/Modern Languages||x 4286|
|Kathy O'Connor||Vice-Chair, PE/Athletics||x 2322|
|Cathy Schermer||Health and Human Services||x 3678|
|Laurie Vasquez||Accessibility Resource/ESD||x 2529|