The Communication Lab
A dedicated lab and study space for students studying Communication
The Communication Lab
The Communication Lab provides study space, computers and printing, tutoring, and resources for students currently enrolled in Communication courses. Our goal is to support students’ academic achievement and success by providing an inclusive and accessible learning environment where students, tutors, and faculty can study and share communication concepts and ideas.
Please review the information below prior to using the Lab for the first time.
Hours and Location
Communication Lab Resources
Resources to support your success.
A space to support learning
Our goal is to provide an accessible and inclusive space for learning.
Reserve Materials and Course Texts
Textbooks, Sample Papers, Practice Exams
Course texts and instructor reserve materials are available to borrow for use while in the lab.
Support at any stage of the learning process
One-on-one tutorial support.
Students may make an appointment or drop-in.
Click here for more information about Tutoring in the Communication Lab.
Click here to view the Tutoring Schedule for Fall 2019
Taping rooms may be used for studying, recording assignments on Webcam, or group work.
You may reserve a Taping Room in advance by phone or in person.
Taping Room reservations are held for 5 minutes. If late, you lose your reservation. Taping rooms are to be used by the same person(s) for no more than one hour at a time.
If you are recording on the Webcam, please follow instructions. Instructions for operating the Webcams are posted in the Taping Rooms or ask for assistance.
Computers and Chromebooks
The Lab has 18 computers and 5 chromebooks
You will need to log on to the computers using your pipeline credentials.
Chromebooks may be checked out at the front desk with your student ID.
Print, Copy, Scan
There is a uniflow printer/copier/scanner available in the Lab.
You will need money on your Student Photo ID card to pay for printing
Guidelines for Lab Use
- The Communication Lab is a dedicated lab and study space for communication students. Please use the Learning Resources Center or Library computers for other class assignments or personal email.
- Check in at the front desk with your Student Photo ID card.
- PLEASE, no food in the Lab. Drinks are permitted as long as they have a lid.
- Do not remove Lab materials (journals, textbooks or sample exams and papers) from the Lab.
- The lab provides a supportive environment for learning. Please be courteous while using the lab.
RESOURCES FOR ONLINE LEARNING
- APA Formatting vidcasts from Purdue Owl on YouTube
Federal Work Study Employment Opportunity
Telephone: 805-965-0581 Ext. 2592
If you have questions about the Communication Lab or its resources, please feel free to contact Michelle Detorie.