Application Steps and Instructions
International students have a specialized application process to follow
How to Apply
Before beginning your online application, make sure you meet these requirements:
- All applicants must have a 2.00 GPA.
- English Proficiency Requirement for admission to the Academic Program. We don't require TOEFL/IELTS, but if you have already taken any of these exams, you may be eligible for exemption from ESL courses at SBCC.
- Transfer students from U.S. language schools must have 80% attendance or higher.
Follow the link below to register your application account
Remember your password!
Submit one application for the first term you wish to attend
Use a valid email address. Registration instructions and admission decisions are emailed.
Upload copies of the required documents listed in your online application account. This will include, but not limited to the following documents:
- $75 application fee receipt
- meet minimum amount required: Cost of Studies
- must be written in or translated into English
- issued within the past 6 months or less of your desired program start date
- include the name of the account holder and account balance
- liquid funds (savings and/or checking account)
- have an official bank signature or stamp on financial institution letterhead
Provide a copy of your passport
- Transcripts for all coursework completed in high school (secondary school), English language programs, and university or college. Transcripts should be translated into English by an official translator and/or translating agency.
- Unofficial transcripts are sufficient for admission purposes.
- Official transcripts are required for athletic eligibility, and may be submitted at a later date.
- If you are under 18 years old at the time of your program start date, you will need to submit a high school diploma.
- A high school diploma is not required for students who are 18 years old or older.
Current F-1 Students in the U.S.
If you are transferring to SBCC from another school in the U.S., complete the steps above, and upload the following additional documents to your online application:
- Copy of F-1 visa
- I-94 Arrival/Departure Form - At the link, click on "Get most recent I-94."
- Copy of I-20
- Verification of Status Form - Students must be "in status." The advisor at your current institution will need to verify and sign this form.
No. TOEFL and IELTS are not required. However, proof of English Proficiency is required for admission to the Academic Program. There are over a dozen options to demonstrate your English proficiency, which are listed here: English Proficiency Requirement.
If classes at your current school are still in session, you can submit a transcript showing only your completed courses and available grades. Students should submit complete transcripts with their final grades once they become available. You can also bring your final transcripts with you to SBCC. Official high school and/or college transcripts in a sealed envelope are needed for athletic eligibility, course pre-requisite challenges, university transfer planning, and other academic planning purposes.
- Students who start their SBCC program with no transfer credits typically take 2 to 3 years to complete an Associate degree and/or transfer requirements towards a Bachelor’s degree. Factors that determine the length of your program include: the number of English and math classes you need, your major, the number of credits you successfully complete each semester, attendance in one or both summer sessions, and your transfer goals.
- The acceptance packet is mailed to the address listed on your application via regular airmail, which can take up to two weeks to arrive. Alternatively, you can order express shipping to receive your I-20 via UPS, DHL, or FedEx for an additional cost.
After your complete application is received
- An admissions decision will be sent via email within 10 business days. Only the student's email address will be accepted on the online application. Students must use an active and current email address.
- Accepted students will be mailed an I-20 form and acceptance packet via regular airmail, which can take up to two weeks to arrive. The I-20 can be rush delivered via UEMS for an additional cost.
- The I-20 form is the immigration document you will need to apply for an F-1 (student) visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your home country.
If you have admission questions or need a correction to your online application, email email@example.com.