• Effective January 1, 2016 the Campus Store will no longer be accepting transfers from departments to bookstore accounts.  Existing Bookstore Accounts will be eliminated by March 31, 2016. 

    All supply purchases should be made using your district credit card.  If you do not have a district credit card, please have your Dean/VP request a card from Cyndi Rogers in Accounting.

  • Complete the budget transfer request form

    To follow up a budget transfer please send an email and include the following information with the above form:

    All budget transfers need to be emailed to the department Dean/VP for approval,
    then forwarded to: Lisa Saunders (, or Tonya Yescas ( for caterical accounting or grants.   Also, please copy your department Dean.

  • Take checks or cash to the Cashier's Office, located in the Student Services Building - SS150. On the check, please note the account number to be credited/deposited to.

    If you have a check for:

    Retiree Payments:
    Please take these checks to the Cashiers Office, located in the Student Services Building - SS150.

    CNA Testing Payments:
    Please take these checks to the Regional Health Occupation Resource Center located in the ECOC -1 Building - Rm 10.

    Child Care Payments:
    Please take these checks to the Cashiers Office, located in the Student Services Building - SS150.

    Continuing Education:
    All monies need to be delivered to the appropriate front office location with the appropriate documentation (which includes account number).

  • For confirming purchases (not including equipment): 
    Check your funds available online at Funds Inquiry or Expenditure Status Report in the SBCC Financial Reports. 
    Attach your confirming invoice. 
    Have the form signed by your authorized Department Chair, Dean, or Vice President. 
    Forward the completed, signed Requisition Form to Carlene Barrows in the Accounting Department. 

  • Use Employee Reimbursement Certification Form 

    Instructions for Employee Reimbursement Certification Form:

    Forms can be picked up in the Accounting Office  A130, printed from the SBCC website, or Continuing Ed Schott's Center. 
    Please complete the form, attach all original receipts, and submit to Accounting Office, A130 or Continuing Ed Schott Center. Please tape all receipts to a full 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. Please remember to include an account number and an authorized district signature. Any incomplete forms will be returned for corrections, which will delay your reimbursement.

    For the Direct Deposit Form, visit the forms page under Fiscal Services on the SBCC website.

  • An expense made or charged to one account that needs to be transferred to another account is called an Expense Transfer.

    To initiate an Expense Transfer:
    Email to: Lisa Saunders (
    Copy to : your department Dean
    Note the Account number that you would like the expense to be transferred from, Account number that you would like the expense to be transferred toamount of transfer, and a brief description.

  • For purchases to be ordered by the purchasing department (including equipment):

    1. Check your funds available online at Funds Inquiry or Expenditure Status Reports in SBCC Financial Reports. 
    2. Complete a Requisition Form. 
    3. Have the form signed by your authorized department chair, Dean, or Vice President. 
    4. Forward the completed, signed Requisition Form to the Purchasing Department.
  • Use Mileage Reimbursement Claim

    Instructions for Mileage Reimbursement Form:

    • Forms can be picked up in the Accounting Office, A130, or printed from SBCC website under Fiscal Services. 
    • Please complete the form and submit it to Accounting. Please remember to include an account number and an authorized district signature. 
    • Mileage Rate $0.575 per mile (effective 1/1/2020)
    • All mileage must be pre-approved by your supervisor. Your mileage begins and ends at place of employment.
      SBCC mileage reimbursement rate coincides with IRS handbook rules.

Travel and Conferences

    • Travel & Conference Requests should be filled out prior to any business travel.
    • Please complete a Travel & Conference Request in Concur and submit to your supervisor prior to traveling. If conference fees need to be paid in advance, please notify Accounts Payable staff in the Fiscal Services office.
    • For instructions on how to fill out and submit a T&C Request in Concur, please see the Concur Travel and Conference Manual
    • Mileage - $ .575 per mile
    • Meals*:
      • Breakfast - $13
      • Lunch - $17 Dinner -
      • $36 (Per Diem total $66)
        *If a meal is provided by the conference, the per diem rate does not apply for such meal.
    • Use a travel & conference account code for all travel expenses (i.e. 522000)
    • Obtain itemized receipts for all travel expenses including taxis, shuttles, and parking.
    • District policy prohibits reimbursement for movies, personal phone calls, alcoholic beverages. Employee needs to reimburse the district (SBCC) for these expenses.
    • All out of pocket cash expenses (with original receipts) will be reimbursed via Concur. 

District Credit Card Procedures

  • The purposes of using District Credit Cards include:

    • The District issues credit cards to employees whenever there is sufficient benefit to the District.
    • Reducing net processing costs, especially for small dollar transactions, while streamlining and maintaining accounting and reporting controls.
    • Supporting vendors and improving relations for vendors preferring credit card payment.
    • In order to expedite the purchase and accounting of low cost and frequently needed items.
    • This procedure is applicable to all employees of Santa Barbara City College who receive a District Credit Card. District Credit Cards are issued to designated employees at the discretion of management and can be revoked at any time for any reason. The card will be revoked for the following reasons:
      • The card is used for personal or unauthorized purposes.
      • The card is used to purchase alcoholic beverages or any substance, material, or service which violates policy, law, or regulation pertaining to the District.
      • The cardholder splits a purchase to circumvent a purchase limit assigned to the card.
      • The cardholder uses another cardholder's card to circumvent a purchase limit assigned to either cardholder.
      • The cardholder accepts a personal gratuity from a vendor.
      • The cardholder fails to provide the approving official with information about any specific purchase.
      • The cardholder fails to provide documentation confirming that charges are approved by the 14th of the month following the close of the billing cycle more than one time in any 12 month period.  The first instance will result in a 60 day suspension of all card privileges.  The card will be revoked if the statement is late another time in a twelve month period.
      • The cardholder fails to provide accounting with the complete account information necessary to record a purchase appropriately. The complete account information consists of a 5 digit Fund Code, a 4 digit Organization Code, a 6 digit Account Code, and a 6 digit Program Code, an Activity and or Location Code may also be require
      • The cardholder does not adhere to any of the procurement card policy and procedure

    • It is the responsibility of both the employee and the employee’s manager to ensure compliance with all procedures.  Expense Statements will be audited by the Finance department internal auditors, and may be subject to examination by outside auditor
    • The credit card is the property of the bank, and it may at any time revoke card privileges under the provisions of its policies and procedures.
  • Approved Expense reports are due in Concur (accessed through your pipeline account) by the 10th of the month.  The Accounting staff provides a daily helpdesk from 9am-11am via Zoom.  

    Please submit your statements to your Approving Manager by the 8th of the month to ensure that they can be delivered to Accounting on time.  If you are not going to be available to process your statement, you must work with your supervisor to set up a delegate in Concur.  This is especially important at the end of a quarter and fiscal year (September, December, March and June) when quarterly reports are due to the Board of Trustees.  If you are not going to be able to process your credit card statement, please refrain from using it.  If you are late more than one time in a 12-month period, your card privileges may be suspended or permantently revoked.

  • Original receipts are to be electronically submitted in with each report for each of the charges.  Auditors require original receipts.  For meals, you must tender the itemized meal receipt (not just the credit card signature slip). If you have lost or did not receive a receipt you must fill out a Missing Receipts Affidavit in Concur.  However, this form is meant to be used for the occasional occurrence of a lost receipt. Repeated use of the form will jeopardize your right to hold a District Card.

    Prohibited expenses include cash advances, consultants, personal services, personal (non-SBCC related) expenses, capital outlay purchases (such as computer equipment, and alcohol (including on meal reimbursements). Such purchases must be repaid to the college and are grounds for corrective action up to and including permanent card suspension and termination.

  • Each charge will needs the following information:

    • Fund Number (a 5-digit or 6-digit number (e.g. 12245) which references the fund that the money is coming out of to cover the expense)
    • Org/Cost Center Number (a four-digit number (e.g.  4074) that references the Cost Center to which the expense is being attributed )
    • Account Code (the account code is not needed on the Concur report as it has been replaced by an expense type)
    • Program Code  (a six-digit number (e.g. 601000) that references specific programs 
    • Activity Number (usually only used by Athletics or Facilities Departments) 
    • Expense Type (replaces account code)

    Common expense types are: Instructional Supplies, Non-Instructional Supplies, Printing/Duplicating, Travel/Conference, Meeting Expense, Memberships, Other Contracts, Campus Events, (For IT only: Computer Equip; Instructional Computer Equip).

  • Each expense reports needs two approvals: the budget manager's approval and a separate approval from the budget manager's supervisor.  If the budger manager is submitting the report, only their supervisor's approval will be required.  The expense report is not considered complete until all of the receipts and appropriate approvals have been obtained.  

  • Temporary District Credit Card Limit increases should be submitted by the Supervisor of the District Credit Card user that needs an increase.  Requests should be submitted to with the following information:

    1. Temporary credit limit amount(s) that are needed (please provide daily & monthly limit).
    2. Effective & End dates of temporary increase.
  • If you discover that your card has been used fraudulently or if your card is lost or stolen you will need to contact Customer Service at 800-344-5696 The Card Holder must make this call. US Bank (the credit card provider) will not allow anyone except the Card Holder to report fraudulent charges or to make changes to the name (in case of a name change). Note: The card is not tied to your personal Social Security number; it is connected to your K-number, so please have that on hand when calling the bank.

    SBCC has a dedicated phone number tied to all credit cards.  The number that is associated with the credit card is: 805-730-8775. If you are calling US Bank for issues with your card, you will need this phone number.

    Note: If you are traveling on SBCC business, particularly internationally, it is your responsibility to notify the bank prior to travel to avoid a false fraud hold on your card.

  • Please sign and date the use agreement and return to Carlene Evans in Accounting upon receipt of your district card. Failure to sign this form will result in your credit card being revoked.  Please retain this document for your reference.

    District Credit Cards are a privilege and not a right. We thank you for your diligence in adhering to these procedures as it facilitates the ongoing accessibility of this privilege.