Academy MembershipMembership in the Transfer Academy (TA) is based on your intent to transfer to a TAG (Transfer Admissions Guarantee) university. The Transfer Academy application is separate from the SBCC Admissions Application. An application is available via the web or may be obtained in the Transfer Center, SS 140.
To be considered for the Transfer Academy, you must:
- have an Educational Goal of transfer
- have a Transfer Plan goal of at least one TAG university*
- have a high school GPA of at least a 2.8 and/or a college cumulative G.P.A. of 2.8
- have completed the SBCC math and English assessment with placement of scores of math 100 or higher and English 100 or higher
- have completed the college orientation and advising session
Step One - Register your intent to transfer to a TAG university.
- New and transfer students must complete an SBCC Admission Application and report their Educational Goal as either Transfer with A.A./A.S., or Transfer without A.A./A.S. and report their Transfer Plan as a TAG university - Click here to APPLY.
- Continuing students may update their Educational Goal using Pipeline or through the SBCC Admissions & Records Office.
Step Two - Participate in the assessment, orientation and advising process. For more information go to Steps to Enrollment.
Step Three - Complete the Transfer Academy online orientation outlining the program.
Step Four - Download a Transfer Academy application, fill it out and bring it to your counseling appointment or complete the New Online Application. Once you click on the link, you will need to sign in using your Pipeline username and password.
Step Five - Meet with a counselor in the Transfer Academy. To schedule an appointment call the Transfer Center at (805) 965 - 0581 x2547 or stop by the Student Services Center, Room 140.