Academy MembershipMembership in the Transfer Academy (TA) is based on your intent to transfer to a TAG (Transfer Admissions Guarantee) university. The Transfer Academy application is separate from the SBCC Admissions Application. An application is available via the web or may be obtained in the Transfer Center, SS 140.
To be considered for the Transfer Academy, you must:
- Have an Educational Goal of transfer
- Have a Transfer Plan goal of at least one TAG university*
- Students may apply for entrance to the Transfer Academy based on high school transcripts. For consideration, a student's high school grade point average must be at least 2.8. Continuing, returning and transfer students who have completed 12 units of academic course work may apply for entrance into the Transfer Academy based on college units completed. A minimum overall college grade point average of 2.8 is required.
- Demonstrate eligibility for ENG 100 and at least MATH 107 (Intermediate Algebra). Mathematics eligibility is met with three years of high school math, including two years of algebra, with grades of "C" or better. English and Mathematics placement examinations are part of the SBCC enrollment procedure.
- Have completed the college orientation and advising session
Step One - Register your intent to transfer to a TAG university.
- New and transfer students must complete an SBCC Admission Application and report their Educational Goal as either Transfer with A.A./A.S., or Transfer without A.A./A.S. and report their Transfer Plan as a TAG university - Click here to APPLY
- Continuing students may update their Educational Goal using Pipeline or through the SBCC Admissions & Records Office
Step Two - Participate in the assessment, orientation and advising process. For more information go to Steps to Enrollment.
Step Three - Complete the Transfer Academy online orientation outlining the program. PLEASE USE GOOGLE CHROME AS YOUR WEB BROWSER TO ACCESS THE ORIENTATION. If the orientation quiz doesn't display on the webpage, please scroll down the bottom of the page and click on the link.
Step Four - Download a Transfer Academy application, fill it out and bring it to your counseling appointment or complete the New Online Application. Once you click on the link, you will need to sign in using your Pipeline username and password.
Step Five - Meet with a counselor in the Transfer Academy. To schedule an appointment call the Transfer Center at (805) 965 - 0581 x2547 or stop by the Student Services Center, Room 140.