TRAVEL AND HOUSING
Air Transportation. SBCC has contracted with ACCENT to provide travel and housing arrangements for the Madrid Semester Program. After you are accepted to the program, your $250 non-refundable first payment will be forwarded to them.
ACCENT will organize an optional round-trip group flight from LAX to Madrid on a regularly scheduled
airline. Airfare is not included in the program price. You may make your own travel arrangements if you do not wish to travel with the group.
• Space on the group flight cannot be
guaranteed after flight payment deadline of March, 2016.
• ACCENT representative(s) will meet the group flight at the Madrid airport on the scheduled arrival date.
• For group flight participants, ACCENT will arrange a transfer from the Madrid airport to the
designated arrival point on the day of arrival in Madrid. Non-group-flight participants who are able to
meet ACCENT at the group arrival point and time in the airport will also be offered a transfer.
• Non-group-flight participants who are unable to meet ACCENT at the group arrival point in the Madrid airport are responsible for checking in at the designated arrival point and time on the scheduled date of
arrival and are responsible for all transfer arrangements and costs. Detailed arrival information will be
provided to all participants approximately two weeks prior to arrival. Participants who are unable to
check in at the designated arrival point and time may be required to make and pay for their own
accommodations for the first night.
• ACCENT will provide a Madrid transit pass to each participant for the
duration of the program.
• For group flight participants, ACCENT will arrange a group transfer from the designated departure point
in Madrid to the Madrid airport on the scheduled departure date.
Housing Arrangements. You will live with other students on the program in double/triple occupancy rooms in shared student apartments. Kitchen facilities are provided. Meals are not included in the program. A limited number of single rooms may be available at an additional cost. Exact housing placements will be given to participants upon arrival.