|| TRAVEL & HOUSING
SBCC has contracted with ACCENT to provide travel and housing arrangements. After you are accepted to the program, your deposit check form will be forwarded to them. All questions about the non-academic part of the program should be directed to ACCENT.
Transportation. ACCENT will organize an optional round-trip group flight from LAX to Paris and from Istanbul to LAX on
a regularly scheduled airline. Airfare is not included in the program price. The group flight must have a minimum of 10 participants. Space on the group flight cannot be
guaranteed after flight payment deadline of May 23, 2014.
• ACCENT representative(s) will meet the group flight at the appropriate airport in Paris on September 3,
• For group flight participants, ACCENT will arrange a transfer by rental bus, taxi, or shuttle from the
Paris airport to the designated arrival point on the day of arrival, and from the designated departure
point in Paris to the Paris airport on the Paris departure date. Non-group-flight participants who are
able to meet ACCENT at the group arrival point and time in the airport will also be offered a transfer.
• Non-group-flight participants who are unable to meet ACCENT at the group arrival point in the Paris
airport are responsible for checking in at the designated arrival point and time on the scheduled date of
arrival and are responsible for all transfer arrangements and costs. Detailed arrival information will be
provided to all participants approximately two weeks prior to arrival. Participants who are unable to
check in at the designated arrival point and time may be required to make and pay for their own
accommodations for the first night. All participants will be dispatched by taxi from the program arrival hotel in Paris to student apartments
on the day after arrival.
• ACCENT will provide a Paris transit pass to each participant, valid on bus and métro for the Paris
portion of the program as well as an Istanbul transit pass, valid on bus and metro for the Istanbul portion of the program.
• ACCENT will provide a one-way air transfer* from Paris to Istanbul on October 20, 2014.
• ACCENT will arrange a transfer by rental bus or taxi from the Istanbul airport to the designated arrival
point on the day of arrival in Istanbul, and from the designated departure point in Istanbul to the
Istanbul airport on the group departure date.
Program Housing. Participants will be housed in double/triple/quad occupancy rooms in a two-star hotel in Paris for the
first night of the program (September 3, 2014).
• Double/triple occupancy rooms in shared student apartments in Paris will be provided for the Paris
portion of the program, including mid-term break.
• Double/triple occupancy rooms in shared student apartments in Istanbul will be provided for the
Istanbul portion of the program.
• Exact housing placements will be given to participants upon arrival.