Welcome to the Scholarship application process for Santa Barbara City College. Your first step towards assisting you with your financial needs as you pursue your college education at Santa Barbara City College. These scholarship opportunities are made available to you through the Foundation for Santa Barbara City College.
The Foundation for SBCC Scholarships will provide you with numerous general scholarships as well as program specific scholarships. Each of these scholarships, whether provided by an individual or corporate gift, express the donors' sincere interest in assisting you to achieve your personal educational and vocational goals.
Privately funded scholarships are only one form of many financial aid opportunities available to students. If you would like more information regarding other types of financial aid, please visit the Financial Aid website by clicking here.
The Scholarship Application period for the 2016 - 2017 SBCC Scholarships will open January 4, 2016 and will close on March 2, 2016.
To apply to the current scholarship application cycle, check on the status of your completed scholarship application, or accept/decline your scholarship award, please click the application link below:
Please see below for more information and instructions on how to upload documents:
For an electronic version of the Scholarship Booklet, please click here.
For the most recent Scholarship Workshop schedule, please click here
Basic Information -
- Unless otherwise stated in individual scholarship descriptions, applicants must be full time students, carrying twelve (12) or more units each semester/term of the award period.
- Both recipients and alternates will be selected
- If you are selected as a recipient and fail to maintain all requirements of your scholarship,
then that semester's portion will be awarded to a qualified alternate
- Alternates will also need to maintain all requirements of the scholarship in order to receive it
- If the first alternate no longer meets the requirements, the next alternate will be awarded, and so on
- If you are selected as a recipient and fail to maintain all requirements of your scholarship, then that semester's portion will be awarded to a qualified alternate
- Transfer Students
- Only scholarships marked as Transferable (plus sign: +) may be used at another institution other than SBCC
- Students need to notify the Financial Aid Office in writing with proof of enrollment,
before the scholarship is transferred to the student's new school.
- Proof of Enrollment: Schedule of classes with number of units visible, student's full name, SBCC ID, and new institution ID
- Transferring Fall 2016 - Last day to notify Financial Aid Office: November 18, 2016
- Transferring Spring 2017 - Last day to notify Financial Aid Office: April 21, 2017
How to Sign In/Upload Docs -
- You will need to be enrolled at Santa Barbara City College as a SBCC Student
- If you are a Dual Enrollment student, you will need to re-apply to the college as a first time college student
- Contact the Admissions Office if you require more assistance:
Admissions & Records
Santa Barbara City College
721 Cliff Drive
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
Location: Student Services Building, SS-110
- When you access AcademicWorks through the 2016-2017 Scholarship Application link (above), you will use your Pipeline log in username and password
Please use this document if you need step-by-step assistance
- If you are currently a Santa Barbara City College student, your transcript will be imported into the application automatically
- If you are currently an incoming High School or Re-Entry (absent for three years or more) student, you will need to upload your most current transcript by hand
Please follow the instructions here to upload your most current transcript
Scholarship Opportunities Page -
- You will need to complete a General Application before applying to any scholarship
- There are three scholarship categories
- You have to apply to these scholarships by clicking on the "Apply To" button
- These scholarships may have additional questions for you to answer
- These scholarships may require a Letter of Recommendation
- Some students may also need to complete a Conditional Application which will contain major/program specific questions
- Based on the information on your General and Conditional Applications, you are automatically matched with the criteria/qualifications for various scholarship opportunities
- You are automatically added to the applicant pool as a potential candidate
- These scholarships are by nomination from faculty/staff only
- You will need to contact the department staff/faculty/chair for more information on how you may be nominated
Last Update: 1/27/2016