2013-14 President Goals
September 12, 2013
- Strengthen and bring cohesion to our student and instructional support services as a means of providing effective opportunities for engagement and intervention with students from college entry through to goal attainment.
- Increase opportunities for faculty, staff, and administrators to experiment and pilot with emerging initiatives, effective pedagogical practices, and innovative strategies which have the potential to support and strengthen student success.
- Provide leadership in addressing the need for college-wide facilities and infrastructure improvement and modernization by working with internal and external stakeholders and key partners to determine the feasibility of a bond measure in 2014.
- Respond to the requirement for a second special report to be submitted in March 2014 as set forth by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges in June 2013.
- Ensure the institutionalization of the governance practices that have been adopted/adapted/refined as a consequence of being placed on warning in 2012.
- Initiate the process for the college’s self evaluation study in preparation for ACCJC’s comprehensive accreditation site visit in Fall 2015.
- Ensure an effective working relationship with the Board of Trustees in general and the Board president, in particular.
- Create a stronger and more mutually-supportive relationship with the Foundation.
- Work in concert with the Foundation to promote philanthropic giving in support of the college’s mission and goals.
- Lead the initiative to complete the updating of all Board policies and administrative procedures.
- Complete the framework, process, and structure for integrated planning.
- Complete the college’s Educational Master Plan.
- Empower employees through involvement in participatory governance.
- Empower employees through the cultivation of a climate of mutual trust, respect, clarity of expectations, and fairness.
- Grow the community’s understanding of the college’s mission and purpose.