2015-16 President Goals
September 10, 2015
- Ensure the college’s Student Success and Support Program and Student Equity initiatives are coordinated, scalable, and incorporate effective and sustainable practices to strengthen and support our students’ journey through the college, from entry to educational goal attainment.
- Scale pedagogical and student support practices that have proven effective in addressing student underpreparedness.
- Implement the third and final phase of the strategic planning process for the college campuses which will culminate in the Facilities Master Plan in 2016/17.
- Provide leadership in the implementation of the final Measure V project, the West Campus Classroom Building.
- Provide the structure, focus, and leadership to address urgent facility modernization needs given the absence of a bond measure.
- Respond to recommendations resulting from the Fall 2015 reaffirmation of accreditation review conducted by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC).
- Address the actionable improvement plans delineated in the 2015 Institutional Self Evaluation Report.
- Ensure a constructive working relationship with the Board of Trustees in general and the Board president, in particular.
- Engage the Board, as appropriate, in institutional planning, long-range budgeting, facility master planning, and related board-level issues.
- Develop a structurally balanced budget for 2016 - 2017.
- Complete the Board policies and administrative procedures update project.
- Implement a regular process for the review and update of Board policies and administrative procedures.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of a viable communications plan toward the goal of strengthening the college’s connection with the community.
- Engage the college in addressing community issues of concern related to SBCC students in Isla Vista.
- Engage the college in addressing community issues of concern related to SBCC students residing in the neighborhoods surrounding the main campus.
- Continue to explore student-housing issues and options.