Prerequisite Challenge Form A
We've moved! For prerequisite and corequisite information go to our new website:
FOR PREREQUISITE VERIFICATION DEADLINE DATES CLICK HERE
FORM A: Verification of prerequisite and/or corequisite(s) based on successful completion of equivalent external coursework from regionally accredited colleges, universities or high schools. Attach valid OFFICIAL transcript(s) with completed coursework. Examples of coursework used for Prerequisite Verification are: college and university courses, high school classes (foreign language courses ONLY); AP and SAT test scores.
Verification Form A must provide the following information:
- Student Information including SBCC ID/K# (K00123456)
- Course Information Successful completion of external coursework: grade of C or better
for college courses and grade of C- or better for high school courses
- Class you WANT to take at SBCC: CHEM 155
- List all the Prerequisites and/or corequisites required for that course: CHEM 101 and MATH 107
- Name of Institution where you completed the prerequisite/corequisite: ALLAN HANCOCK COLLEGE
- The course number at previous institution: MATH 331 AND CHEM 120
- Grade received: B+ Term completed: Fall 2008
- Successful completion of external coursework: grade of C or better for college courses and grade of C- or better for high school courses
- Only Official transcripts with completed prerequisite coursework are accepted for Prerequisite Verification Form A, see transcript information below
- Signature on form
- Submit Prerequisite Verification form:
- SBCC Admissions & Records Office: SS- 110 or the Assessment Center SS-250
- By mail: 721 Cliff Drive, Santa Barbara, CA, 93103
- By email to email@example.com
- All verification forms will be processed in the order they are received
- Once your Prerequisite Verification Form is processed by the Transcript Evaluation Office you will receive an email notification regarding the status of your verification form via your SBCC pipeline email
- Prerequisite Verification forms will be addressed within 10 business days, (subject to change)*, excluding holidays and weekends
ONCE Verification FORM A IS APPROVED: The clearance is permanent and remains in your student profile. Example: Student submits a Prerequisite Verification Form A to enroll in ENG 111 because they completed an English Composition course at another community college. The challenge is approved; the English course completed is equivalent to SBCC ENG 110. The student is “cleared” for completing ENG 110 so the system allows them to register in SBCC ENG 111 or any other course requiring ENG 110 as a prerequisite; such as ENG JOUR 271, PHIL 111, or FS 173.
The Transcript Evaluation Office will only accept Official Transcripts from Regionally Accredited Institutions
If you have completed coursework at other institutions, contact all the schools you have attended and request to have your official transcripts sent to SBCC. There may be a fee.
Sending Official Transcripts
Admissions & Records
Santa Barbara City College
721 Cliff Drive
Santa Barbara, CA 93109
Official Transcripts may be delivered to SBCC Admissions & Records department in a SEALED envelope from sending institution
View if your official transcripts have been received by SBCC: Follow the step-by-step instructions.
Note: Admissions & Records does not evaluate incoming transcripts for course credit. Review transcript evaluation policies and procedures here.
SBCC Transcript information: