Upon graduation the vocational nursing student will be eligible for application for licensure as an L.V.N. and be able to:
- Provide safe, proficient and compassionate nursing care as a beginning practitioner applying selected principles and utilizing the nursing process and therapeutic communication skills.
- Exhibit responsibility in the practice of vocational nursing by adherence to ethical, moral and legal obligations as stated in the Vocational Nursing Practice Act.
- Acknowledge accountability for recognizing own limitations and refusing to perform tasks for which the graduate is not prepared.
- Function as an effective member of the health team under the direction of the registered nurse or physician.
- Assume responsibility for professional growth and recognize the need for continuing education.
- Interact with other health team members as a patient advocate.