September 30, 2015
Joan Galvan, Public Information Officer
SBCC Phi Theta Kappa Chapter Inducts New Members
Santa Barbara City College’s chapter of Phi Theta Kappa recently inducted 160 new
members into the international honor society. Membership currently stands at approximately
PTK recognizes academic achievement and provides opportunities for students at community colleges to participate in honors, leadership and service activities for the community. To join, students must have taken at least 12.0 units and earn a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
PTK members at SBCC are volunteering this year with such nonprofit groups as Habitat for Humanity and Casa Esperanza Homeless Center in Santa Barbara and the chapter will be participating in a coastal cleanup in Isla Vista at the end of October.
Recent Press Releases
- SBCC Vocational Nursing Program Ranked Among Top 5 in California
- SBCC MESA Engineering Students Attend Leadership Conference
- Unique Holiday Market at SBCC School of Extended Learning Arts & Crafts Fair
- Scheinfeld Center Summit Prepares Today’s and Tomorrow’s Entrepreneurs for Success in the Global Economy
- Father Boyle to Speak at Garvin Theatre on December 5