December 16, 2015
Joan Galvan, Public Information Officer
SBCC Student Named Coca Cola Leaders of Promise Scholar
Santa Barbara City College student Michael Benor has been selected to receive a $1,000 scholarship from the national Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society as a 2015 Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholar.
Michael, a native of Tel Aviv, Israel, is a member of SBCC’s chapter of PTK and majoring in Film Production. He plans to transfer to a four-year college or university when he completes his studies at SBCC.
Phi Theta Kappa recognizes academic achievement and provides opportunities for students at community colleges to participate in honors, leadership and service activities for the community. SBCC’s PTK chapter currently has approximately 400 members who are volunteering this year with such nonprofit groups as Habitat for Humanity and Casa Esperanza Homeless Center in Santa Barbara.
A total of 207 Phi Theta Kappa members nationwide were named 2015 Coca-Cola Leaders
of Promise Scholars and were awarded a total of $207,000 in scholarships to further
their associate degree studies.
Recent Press Releases
- SBCC MESA Engineering Students Attend Leadership Conference
- Unique Holiday Market at SBCC School of Extended Learning Arts & Crafts Fair
- Scheinfeld Center Summit Prepares Today’s and Tomorrow’s Entrepreneurs for Success in the Global Economy
- Father Boyle to Speak at Garvin Theatre on December 5
- Journalist Noor Tagouri to Speak at SBCC’s Dorantes Memorial Lecture