December 15, 2015
Joan Galvan, Public Information Officer
(805) 965-0581 ext. 2307
SBCC Board of Trustees Elects New Officers
At its annual organizational meeting on December 10, the Santa Barbara Community College District Board of Trustees elected Marsha Croninger as president of the board for the 2016 calendar year. Craig Nielsen was elected asboard vice president.
President Croninger joined the Governing Board in December 2010 and represents Area 5 (Mission Canyon and Santa Barbara). Vice President Nielsen joined in November 2012 and represents Area 4 (Santa Barbara).
SBCC President Lori Gaskin said, “I am pleased that Trustees Croninger and Nielsen have accepted these leadership positions and am confident that their thoughtful and decisive guidance of the entire board will ensure the continued success of our college and our students.”
Other members of the SBCC board are Jonathan Abboud (Area 6- Isla Vista and Santa Barbara), Marty Blum (Area 7 - Santa Barbara), Veronica Gallardo (Area 3 – Santa Barbara), Dr. Peter Haslund (Area 1 – Carpinteria and Montecito), and Marianne Kugler (Area 2 – Goleta).
Marsha Croninger, President, Santa Barbara Community College District
Recent Press Releases
- A Message from SBCC Superintendent/President Dr. Anthony E. Beebe
- SBCC Announces Selection of Superintendent/President
- SBCC Announces Community Forum and Five Finalists for Superintendent/President
- SBCC Trustees Finalize President Search Committee Members
- SBCC Task Force Success in City's Passage of Noise Ordinance