March 17, 2014
Joan Galvan, Public Information Officer
Edible Book Festival Returns to SBCC
One of Santa Barbara City College’s most colorful and tasty events is returning to campus in April. The 5th Edible Book Festival will be held Tuesday, April 1 from 2 – 4 p.m. at the SBCC Luria Library. The activity, which is free and open to the community, is part of the International Book Festival, a yearly event held on or near April 1 throughout the world and which unites book readers and food lovers from all cultures.
Interested SBCC faculty, staff and students are invited to use their imagination to
create an “edible book.” They can pick a famous line, a favorite story or character,
or a pun on a title. . Or they can simply create something edible in the shape of
Prize categories include: Best in Show, Most Delicious, Judge’s Choice, Most Humorous, Most Like a Book, Most Like One of the Great Books, and Most like the SBCC Reads 2014 Book – The Big Burn.
The exhibit viewing will be on display at the Luria Library from 2 – 4 p.m. Winners will be announced at 4 p.m. with eating commencing shortly afterwards.
Recent Press Releases
- SBCC Center for Lifelong Learning Completes First Year of Operation
- SBCC Invites Community to Day of the Dead Reception
- Dorantes Lecture Highlights True Story of Reconciliation Between Perpetrator and Victim of Hate Crime
- SBCC Honored as America's Top Program in the Associate Degree Category at Increasing Latino Student Success in College
- Cottage, SBCC Collaboration To Increase Safety for Student Athletes During Practice, Competition