SBCC Board of Trustees Elects New Officers
January 6, 2014
At its annual organizational meeting in December, the Santa Barbara Community College District Board of Trustees elected Lisa Macker as president of the board for the 2014 calendar year. Marsha Croninger was named board vice president. Both were elected to the SBCC board in November 2010.
Ms. Macker previously served two terms as board vice president. She currently holds the position of controller at Visiting Nurse and Hospice Care of Santa Barbara. In addition, she and her husband are owners of Dodson Land Surveying, Inc., a local land surveying business. Ms. Macker’s professional experience includes over 27 years in non-profit management at local non-profits including the Alpha Resource Center, Fielding Graduate University and the Land Trust for Santa Barbara County. She was board treasurer at Fielding for several years.
In the community, Ms. Macker has served as a board member for the Alpha Resource Center since 2004, holding the position of treasurer for eight years. She attended Santa Barbara City College and earned a B.A. degree in Business Economics from UC Santa Barbara. She received her Certified Public Accountant license (currently inactive) in 1985. Ms. Macker and her husband Dennis Dodson are the parents of three children.
Other members of the SBCC board are Marty Blum, Veronica Gallardo, Dr. Peter Haslund, Dr. Marianne Kugler, and Craig Nielsen. Cristian Alvarez serves as student trustee.
- SBCC to Offer Memory Care Classes in Spring 2015
- SBCC Center for Lifelong Learning Completes First Year of Operation
- SBCC Honored as America's Top Program in the Associate Degree Category at Increasing Latino Student Success in College
- Cottage, SBCC Collaboration To Increase Safety for Student Athletes During Practice, Competition
- SBCC 2014- 2015 Faculty Excellence Award Recipients