SBCC Named Citrix IT Academy
May 17, 2013
Santa Barbara City College’s Computer Information Systems Department recently received designation as the first Citrix Information Technology Academy in Southern California. Headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and Fort Lauderdale, Fla. with a business operation in Santa Barbara, Citrix offers cloud computing solutions for IT and service providers to build both private and public clouds—leveraging virtualization and networking technologies -- for mobile workstyles. Citrix products are in use at more than 260,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally.
SBCC now holds several IT academy designations including CISCO, Microsoft, Oracle, VMWare and Citrix.
With the new designation, SBCC will offer official Citrix “vendor curriculum” beginning later this year. A Citrix XenApp certification course will start in fall 2013 with plans to develop a XenDesktop certification course in the near future. Both courses are designed to help prepare students for the corresponding Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) certification exams. In addition, students who take the courses through SBCC will receive discount vouchers for their certification examination.
For more information, contact Esther Frankel, Professor of Computer Information Systems, at email@example.com or 805-965-0581 ext. 2224
- SBCC Center for Lifelong Learning Completes First Year of Operation
- SBCC Honored as America's Top Program in the Associate Degree Category at Increasing Latino Student Success in College
- Cottage, SBCC Collaboration To Increase Safety for Student Athletes During Practice, Competition
- SBCC 2014- 2015 Faculty Excellence Award Recipients
- SBCC Students Attend Summer INSET Program