SBCC Named Citrix IT Academy
May 17, 2013
Santa Barbara City College’s Computer Information Systems Department recently received designation as the first Citrix Information Technology Academy in Southern California. Headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and Fort Lauderdale, Fla. with a business operation in Santa Barbara, Citrix offers cloud computing solutions for IT and service providers to build both private and public clouds—leveraging virtualization and networking technologies -- for mobile workstyles. Citrix products are in use at more than 260,000 organizations and by over 100 million users globally.
SBCC now holds several IT academy designations including CISCO, Microsoft, Oracle, VMWare and Citrix.
With the new designation, SBCC will offer official Citrix “vendor curriculum” beginning later this year. A Citrix XenApp certification course will start in fall 2013 with plans to develop a XenDesktop certification course in the near future. Both courses are designed to help prepare students for the corresponding Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) certification exams. In addition, students who take the courses through SBCC will receive discount vouchers for their certification examination.
For more information, contact Esther Frankel, Professor of Computer Information Systems, at email@example.com or 805-965-0581 ext. 2224
- SBCC Honors Program Challenges Students' Creative Thinking, Communications Skills
- Western Collegiate Model United Nations Announces New Board of Directors
- SBCC Board of Trustees Elects New Officers, Swears in New Trustee
- SBCC Health Professionals Institute Trains Local Employees
- SBCC Measure V Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee Names New Officers