Santa Barbara City College is a comprehensive community college serving the south coast of Santa Barbara County. Established in 1909, SBCC is renowned as one of the leading two-year community colleges in California - and the nation. The college has a wide range of associate degree and certificate programs, as well as transfer programs that provide the first two years of study toward the baccalaureate degree.
- Enrollment: 20,448 Credit and 14,268 Continuing Education
- Full-Time Faculty: 266
- Adjunct Faculty: 535
- In-State Students: 90%
- Out-of-State Students: 4%
- International Students: 5%
- College-Wide Success (earn a grade of A, B, C or Pass): 73%
- UC Davis
- UC Irvine
- UC Merced
- UC Riverside
- UC San Diego
- UC Santa Barbara
- UC Santa Cruz
- CSU Channel Islands
- Arizona State University
- Antioch University
- Brandman University
Priority Admission Consideration
- Honors Program - The Honors Program is a rigorous series of stimulating academic courses taught by some of the most outstanding SBCC professors. Honors courses meet general education requirements and provide excellent preparation for success in upper division courses after transfer.
- Phi Theta Kappa - The International Honor Society of the Two-Year College recognizes superior scholarship and provides opportunities in the areas of scholarship, leadership, service and fellowship. Transfer scholarships exclusively for society members are offered by more than 330 four-year colleges and universities.
- Study Abroad - Spend one SBCC semester or summer session living and studying in a foreign country. Earn academic credit and experience firsthand the culture of Spain, France, China, Italy, England, Germany and the Czech Republic.
Tours of the college's scenic campus are offered each Friday at 10:00 am and 12:00 pm, or call to schedule a tour at a more convenient time for you. To sign up for a campus tour, call (805) 730-4450 or visit our campus tour website which also contains campus parking instructions, campus maps and information on special events.