The Faculty Recognition Committee, with divisional representation and responsibility to the Academic Senate, is charged with the following functions and duties:
- Identifies areas for broad recognition of faculty efforts and accomplishments.
- Reviews and creates recognition activities for faculty.
- Publicizes acknowledgments of faculty participation in community, statewide or national activities.
- Develops and recommends nominations for Hayward Award and Exemplary Program Award.
- Interfaces with its Faculty Lecturer committee.
2006-2007 Committee Members - from left to right: Clara Oropeza, Sheila Wiley, Jeff Meyer, Katie Laris, Anna Parmely, M'Liss Garza, Susan Mantyla, and Laura Welby. Not pictured are Robin Goodnough, Kelly Lake, and Joe Herring.
Award Descriptions Overview for 2007-2008:
Committee Members (2007-2008):
Laura Welby (Committee Chair) Welby@sbcc.edu Kelly Lake (Senate Liaison) Lake@sbcc.edu M'Liss Garza Garza@sbcc.edu Robin Goodnough Goodnoug@sbcc.edu Katie Laris Larisk@sbcc.edu Susan Mantyla Mantyla@sbcc.edu Jeff Meyer Meyerj@sbcc.edu Clara Oropeza Oropeza@sbcc.edu Anna Parmely Parmely@sbcc.edu Joe Herring Sheila Wiley
Calander 2007-2008 (Meetings and Deadlines):
Meeting (1:30PM) Fri., Sept. 7, 2007 Meeting (1:30PM) Fri., Sept. 21 Meeting (1:30PM) Fri., Oct 5 Meeting (1:30PM) Fri., Oct. 19 Meeting (1:30PM) Fri., Nov. 2 Meeting (1:30PM) Fri., Nov. 16 Meeting (1:30PM) Fri., Dec. 7 Meeting (1:30PM) Fri., Jan. 25, 2008
2003 - 2004 Committee Report Submitted to the SBCC Academic Senate