The Committee On Online Instruction was established in 2001 as an Educational Programs Committee, became an Academic Senate Committee in November 2008, and returned to Educational Programs in 2011.
The Committee Meets on the 2nd and 4th Friday, 12:30-2:00, BC conference room
Co-Chair: Cameron Sublett (Faculty) and Kenley Neufeld (Dean)
Functions and Responsibilities:
* Reviews and recommends policies and procedures for the conduct of online instruction and the operation of the online courses.
* Make recommendations to academic senate regarding budget/resource priorities as they relate to instructional support to online and hybrid courses.
* Provide input to academic senate into the development of policy regarding faculty consultation on academic initiatives as they relate to online courses.
* Serves as a discussion forum for pedagogical issues regarding the teaching, learning, assessment, ADA/504/508 compliance, and student support of online and hybrid courses.
* In consultation with ITC, reviews and make recommendations of software and hardware packages used, recommends activities to improve instructional delivery in the delivery of online and hybrid courses.
* Identifies and facilitates the incorporation of strategies that enhance student success and retention in online courses.
Any interested faculty member
1 Education Programs Dean (Co-Chair)
1 Director of Information Technology User Services (or designee)
1 Director of Educational Applications
1 Director of Faculty Resource Center
1 Student Senate Representative
1 Academic Senate Liaison